Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Catholic Universities recruit foreign students?

When I lived in Seattle from 88 to 90, there was an article in the Seattle paper about how Catholic Jesuit Seattle University had sent a recruiter to South East Asia looking for students. As someone who was born and raised lower middle class Catholic I was appalled. So I talked to this recruiter from Seattle University. They didn't care if these foreign students were Catholic, in essence, he said "we just want their money". I asked, I am Catholic do I get a scholarship to Jesuit Seattle U and he said "we have too many white male students like you so we give scholarships to poor minorities and we recruit rich foreign students Catholic or not to subsidize the University."

Now, I have talked about the State Department program that gives our tax dollars to foreing students and for what purpose? So they will like the US?

A lot of use are getting screwed by our own citizens...they don't care!

BTW I did have a foriegn roomate at college....from Venezuela BUT he was there on a VENEZUELAN scholarship and does MEXICO or Colombia give our students scholarships? One of the best Universities in Latin America is in Monterrey, Mexico! How many Americans are there on a MEXICAN tax program? If I was betting I would say not a lot and if they are I would bet they are HISPANIC American!

Since I have been researching this whole matter.....I've been APPALLED at how many times I see the Catholic Church advocating foreign nationals into our society including illegal aliens. This is yet another example of how this Church is letting down its parishioners for MONEY.

Catholics.....take your Church back....hold back the MONEY....then they will come to YOU and stop this nonsense of supporting illegal immigration and encouraging foreign nationals to attend your univerisites instead of YOU!!

The reason I say to hold back the MONEY...is because that seems to be what the Church Leadership cares most about.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn