Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

'CHAIN MIGRATION ELIMINATION BILL'

This bill is so important everyone please call, fax and e-mail, they won't be back in session until Monday but make it top priority on Monday, we would all be happy campers to STOP chain migration

Our Endorsement of Gingrey's 'CHAIN MIGRATION ELIMINATION BILL'

HR 878

By Roy Beck, Friday, February 20, 2009, 7:10 PM

Our nation's immigration laws and policies need a dozen major changes. But the elimination of Chain Migration categories is the single most important one. H.R. 878 does just that. My letter below to Congressman Phil Gingrey (R-Ga.) reflects the importance.

Please check regularly on our special Chain Migration web page to see whether your Representative has co-sponsored this essential bill.

If your Representative is not on the co-sponsor list, send a free fax and urge him/her to sign up.

Contact Information for:
    U.S. House and Senate DC
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-63874.html

Congressional Switchboard Numbers

800-833-6354
    866-340-9281
    877-762-8762
    866-808-0065
    888-355-3588
    866-220-0044

Send free faxes:
    Caps:
    http://capwiz.com/caps/dbq/officials/
    NumbersUSA:
    http://www.numbersusa.com/content/

Rep. Phil Gingrey
    Dear Congressman Gingrey,

NumbersUSA is proud to endorse H.R. 878 and to salute you for your leadership in once again trying to enact what we believe is the single most important change needed in our immigration policies.

The Nuclear Family Priority Act would put the emphasis of family immigration where it belongs – on spouses and minor children.By ending chain migration of adult relatives and in-laws, H.R. 878 would bring about more economic justice to America’s most vulnerable citizens, a better quality of life to Americans whose daily lives are becoming too congested and regimented, and more opportunity for our grandchildren to live in individual liberty and environmental sustainability.

In introducing H.R. 878, you are operating in the spirit of bi-partisanship and compassionate change that seemed to be high on the wish list of Americans last fall. Ending chain migration was one of the top recommendations of Democratic leader Barbara Jordan when she chaired the U.S. Commission on Immigration Reform. She concluded that chain migration serves no compelling national interest while harming the Americans who most need our help.

While ending chain migration would directly reduce overall immigration by around 1.2 million a decade, it would eventually and indirectly lead to an even larger decline in other categories.

The creation of the chain migration categories has been the primary reason total authorized immigration has skyrocketed from 2.5 million per decade to 10 million.

Chain migration was recklessly put into our immigration system 50 years ago. At first glance it seems relatively harmless as it allows immigrants to bring in not only their spouse and minor children but also their brothers, sisters and adult children. But that starts a chain that cannot be stopped. Each of those adult relatives can bring in his/her spouse, leading to the mother-in-law, father-in-law, brother-in-law and sister-in-law. All of that leads to the immigration of the Anchor Immigrant’s cousins, aunts, uncles and the in-laws of the in-laws of the in-laws.

The result of all this uncontrolled migration is that at age 233, our nation is undergoing its biggest population explosion ever, leading to massive loss of natural habitat and farmland, and to flooding American occupations with excess labor that increases unemployment and depresses wages.

Sincerely,

Roy Beck, President, NumbersUSA
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

ELE

I love this bill!

Stopping Chain Migration would save us Billions of dollars.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well, without chain migration adding 20 people working to a single-family household, they never could have afforded the $600,000 homes on a $9 an hour salary.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Guys, I tried to make some of these calls and no one is available.

I'll keep trying though.

Quote Originally Posted by Paidmytaxes
    Guys, I tried to make some of these calls and no one is available.

I'll keep trying though.
    They are out of session until Monday...HIT THEM THEN!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

BTTT

I'm on it in the next hour when I'll be done working.

It's essential that we confront the chain migration issue. Otherwise, the ensuing population explosion could sink us.