Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Chavez Helps AMERICAN Poor With Cheap Oil

This article can be found at www.journalnow.com

Venezula deal will provide heating-oil discount to poor
    QUINCY, Mass. - Thousands of low-income Massachusetts residents will receive discounted home-heating oil this winter under an agreement signed yesterday with Vene-zuela, whose government is a political foe of the Bush administration.

A subsidiary of Venezuela's state-owned oil company will supply oil at 40 percent below market prices. It will be distributed by two nonprofit organizations, Citizens Energy Corp. and the Mass Energy Consumer Alliance.

The agreement gives President Hugo Chavez's government standing as a provider of heating assistance to poor U.S. residents at a time when U.S. oil companies have been reluctant to do so, and Congress has not expanded aid in response to rising oil prices.

U.S. Rep. William Delahunt, D-Mass., met with Chavez in August and helped broker the deal.

Delahunt said that his constituents' needs for heating assistance trump any political points that the Chavez administration can score.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Whoa!

If Chavez is allowed to provide heating oil for our poor, he will make Jorge Bush look so bad! (Which isn't too hard)

I don't like Chavez (I wished he went the way of the dodo!). Imagine what Americans would think, especially those who need warmth for the winter, if Chavez and not Bush and his oil friends were to provide for American families. Bush would look equally bad (Katrina), if not worse, for not caring for Americans.

I voted for Bush! Now I'm willing to accept responsibility for calling for his impeachment!

I just LOVED seeing that oil from Chavez going to the POOR in the US and I applauded him for doing what Bush refuses to do. Bush just doesn't CARE. He lives in his little isolated bubble, doesn't watch the news or read the paper and lets his CABAL--Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice, Wolfowitz and Rover, make the policy decisions for our country.

I only voted for him in 2000 but I think that earns ME the right to call for his impeachment as well!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I saw a news story where Chavez was giving cheap heating oil to the poor people in the Bronx as well. He knows how to warm Americans up to him.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

My first trip OUTSIDE of the US was to Caracas, Venezuela in 1984. I had never seen poverty before.....REALLY! Hugo Chavez has every right to speak for the poor and when he does something for the Venezuelan poor I MUST agree BUT.....he is buying 100,000 AK 47's from the Russians and he meets with Fidel Castro all the time and he is buying arms from Spain so, why is he spending all this money on arms if he cares so much about the poor...? Hitler built the Autobahn and gave Germans "work and bread" and told them not to worry about anything else...like a Russian winter?

Chavez cannot be trusted but I think if he sells OIL to us and stays within Venezuela's borders he will last quite a while.....make no msitake IF Washington really wanted him OUT he would be gone!!!!!

JackSmith,
    From the articles I have read, Chavez, bought arms to give to his citizens in case they are invaded by the U.S. because he wont agree to the FTAA. He said he has evidence that his life is in danger.

Any of us would do what we had to protect ourselves as well. As long as he is at home and isn’t planning an attack on us, I say let him rule his own how he sees fit.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I agree with you, jp. As long as he doesn't attack us, I'm for a live and let live policy with him. AND, you can hardly blame the man for fearing that his country will be attacked by BUSH. He seems to enjoy attacking countries just to get rid of their leaders. I am with him 100% in his opposition to the FTAA and I was proud of him for standing up to BIG BROTHER BUSH. And, frankly, anything he does to embarass Bush is fine with me too. If it makes Bush look bad for Chavez to care more about America's poor than our own President, he DESERVES to look bad.

When Chavez was briefly ousted they took him to a Venezuelan military airfield but they, the plotters, didn't know what to do with him and then some other military types either lost their nerve or stepped in and stopped the coup. If the CIA would have been behind it he would have been killed or taken away right away I think! It is very possible that the US was behind it since it was US oil companies that developed Venezuela's oil fields? Only the CIA really knows and Bush too and they ain't talking....

On the other hand, Venezuela is a democracy in that the president leaves every 6 years or so and all of this may be a Castro type plan to take total control and become a dictator....you know you blame the US for all your problems while you eliminate critics just as Castro has done for 40 plus years........then you set up civilian militias like in Nicaragua in the 80's...however....the POOR of Latin America have little patience for leaders who do nothing so Chavez had better act fast or the poor will turn on him too! There is a fairly large Venezuelan immigrant communnity in Miami and New York but IF Venezuela shared a border with the US like Mexico then we would have lots of Venezuelans HERE insteaad of Mexicans orr Colombians orr Ecuadorans etc etc