Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Great job AmericanElizabeth, you really brought up some good points w/the kid. He sounds like a good kid too.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

I often wear a t-shirt that has a US flag and it says "America The Beautiful"

There should be nothing wrong with that. If you are proud to be American, it only means that you love this country.

That has nothing to do with racism.

I'm proud to be in this country and I'm grateful for it.

I wonder how many people are going to call me a racist for that

I wonder how many people are going to call me a racist for that
    I guess that depends on how many illegal aliens you come in contact with!
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    I have a shirt that say "Welcome to America" but on the back it says "Now Speak English! It has a picture of the Statue of Liberty on the front of it too.
    I have worn it to a few places like the mall, a diner with illegal bus boys and around the streets. I get mixed face from the shirt. I don't wear it that much anymore...

It was a present from my girlfriend at the time.

I don't find that shirt racist at all as it simply facts that we speak English in America!!! But other wil take offense to it of course!!!
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Grits said:

she assured me that the first day of school was the "free day" for all political tees..
    I guaranteee Grits, that if one of your kids wore a shirt that said "Proud to be White", or "Anglo Pride", it certainly would not be an accepted "political statement".

This kid is a good kid and his downfall I'm sure has been his lopsided and racist upbringing. I hope that things like this will give him the opportunity to rise above it and become a better person than what he has wotnessed within the illegal community around him.

My own son hascalled him on things such as this. He is aware that his friend is sort of clueless to what amount of hatred is behind these kinds of things, but yes, calling him on it and making him aware of how arrogant and hateful those kinds of things can be, little by little he may shyaway from it. These things take time. Just as with the training of our own kids, these influences take time to show the good results.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by GRITS
    While registering my boys for school yesterday, I saw a shirt saying the same thing. I immediatly said something to the sectretary, she assured me that the first day of school was the "free day" for all political tees..

We'll see...
    That secretary sounds as nutty as a fruitcake! I've never heard that the first day of school was a "free day" for kids to wear t-shirts with "racist" slogans.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You know I can remember when it was sort of accepted (when I was a kid) to call Native American women "Sqaws" and black people, well you know, and people from Mexico, the other name. I can also remember my own parents early on NOT allowing it as they did not want us to grow up thinking these kinds of names or slogans were a way to describe someone and they also taught us these were derogatory names, in the least.

Now that most Americans have come a long ways from allowing this, and making sure they consider others in the way they speak, then along comes a large group from a third world population which will set us back decades when it comes to dealing with racism and racist names.

It is a good thing Americans have become less accepting of racism and racist names, we need to press hard on those here either illegally or legally who think that this is ok. They have to see we will not allow something that has taken Americans so much effort to get away from. And, furthermore...if certain classes/ethnic groups of Americans are expected to follow rules of common decency, then so should EVERYONE.

Grits, this kind of mentallity of the schools is why my kids do not go to the public schools anymore. I know though, homeschooling or private schools are not always an option for some, so if this is the case, you will have to be VERY aware of everything and fight like you-know-what to make sure their learning enviroment is not stacked against them.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by BorderLegionnaire
    It seems that the Latino community is working backwards towards hate and discrimination!!! We have become so Politically Correct that the white class of people can't say anything with out being flagged as a racist! In the Latino community they can wear shirts that say Chicano Power on them and other racist slang words? Why because there in another language? Well there's that double standard again! One set of rules for us and another for them!!!
    I don't want to sound "racist" of course.

But, after reading a post about "gender mis-identity disorder".. (?!?)

(apparently it's becoming INCREASINGLY common..)

I would just like to humbly offer to coin my own phrase:

racial mis-identity disorder

White people cannot say ought w/o being "racist"....
    in large part because...

half the white population will chime in to shout them down.

The whites that hate whites clearly do not self-identify as whites. After all, they say white people are the scourge of the planet. They say, in effect, white people are the "Scourge of Gaia"...

They have racial mis-identity disorder.
    'Tolerance' just means 'Take it!'
    It's not about conforming your mind to reality — but conforming reality to your mind (your mind over matter, not matter over you).

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    You know I can remember when it was sort of accepted (when I was a kid) to call Native American women "Sqaws" and black people, well you know, and people from Mexico, the other name. I can also remember my own parents early on NOT allowing it as they did not want us to grow up thinking these kinds of names or slogans were a way to describe someone and they also taught us these were derogatory names, in the least.

Now that most Americans have come a long ways from allowing this, and making sure they consider others in the way they speak, then along comes a large group from a third world population which will set us back decades when it comes to dealing with racism and racist names.

It is a good thing Americans have become less accepting of racism and racist names, we need to press hard on those here either illegally or legally who think that this is ok. They have to see we will not allow something that has taken Americans so much effort to get away from. And, furthermore...if certain classes/ethnic groups of Americans are expected to follow rules of common decency, then so should EVERYONE.

Grits, this kind of mentallity of the schools is why my kids do not go to the public schools anymore. I know though, homeschooling or private schools are not always an option for some, so if this is the case, you will have to be VERY aware of everything and fight like you-know-what to make sure their learning enviroment is not stacked against them.
    Sounds like we were raised by the same parents. Mine, however, went a little farther in our lessons with racism. We moved alot due to my dad's job. I will never forget Thomaston, Ga. I was in the second grade. With my siblings, there were 6 (six) white kids in the enitre school. My parents could have put us in private school, they choose to put us in public school instead..Until the day I die, I will never forget the names, the hitting, spitting, etc... I learned at a young age that the color of one's skin has nothing to do with being a decent human being.

With my boys, we moved recently from Gwinnett Co which was horrible. My boys would come home and tell me that the lessons would be given in three langages. First was English, then Korean, then Spanish... the school claimed that they did not have enough teachers to put the non-english speakers in a seperate class, so they endured. I was tipped over by the fact that the foriegn students would not stand for the Pledge, they would openly say "this is not my country, this is not my flag" and it was allowed..

I understand why over 500 students were withdrawn from that school.

The new school, I gave them the free day. According to my boys, yesterday they were met at the door with teachers and admin, looking at all tees, those that had political, racist or offense tess were sent to the office, they had a choice: call your parents for another shirt, or be picked up.....Until one or the other was done they stayed in the office.
    They also have all the non-english speakers in seperate classes. If they are not profcient in English they are not mainstreamed, period.

I stay invovled at any school that my kids attend. I get one of two reactions... "oh crap, here she comes" from those that do just enough to justify their paychecks or "Hi Grits, how is so and so".
    If you can read this, thank a teacher.
    If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

The reason my parents were so hard on us about racism was not only about their own beliefs that a human is a human and we all have feelings, but it also had to do with the racism my mother saw in Seattle, WA as a kid growing up.

Her grandfather was half (the bloodline quantity is in debate, her grandmother told her he was full blooded, but we are just not sure) Mi'qmak from Nova Scotia and also Acadian (Cajun down south). She looked like her grandfather and father, and felt the sting of many nasty comments during the 40's and 50's. My father had been brought up in a terrible home, had been in an orphanage and from that pain he learned a great deal of compassion, plus he hated how some people reacted to his wife (my mother).

There are many good people in this country, and many who have the potential to be good, like this kid, they sometimes need a little shove in the right direction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12