Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Children Stolen Social Security Number and Identity

I am wondering if anybody on here has ever had their childs social security number and identity stolen?

After reading an article where the State of Utah estimates that in their state over 50,000 children under 18 have had their social security number and identity stolen for work purposes I became concerned about the possibility of my 11 year old Son's info being stolen.

How do you know if it has or hasn't? My Son's was issued in Arizona about a month after he was born. We have moved numerous times since then so does the social security administration keep track of his home address through the parents social security records? If so, wouldn't they send you a notice that their number is being used to record full-time wages when they see a child is a minor, especially a very young minor?

Do parents have the right to go to the local SSA office with their childs birth certificate and original social security card and request a check on their childs number to see if any employment history has been recored against it in the master index file?

And if so, and income is discovered on their number, can you get the employers name that it was recorded against on the W-2? And can you file an identity theft complaint with the police to investigate the employer if you are able to get the employers info? It seems to me that as a parent who is legal guardian of your child you should be able to inquire into this but I have never done so before.

I worry about that happening and I just don't feel I can rely on the federal government to be monitoring for this and bring it to my attention.
    "Where is our democracy if the federal government can break the laws written and enacted by our congress on behalf of the people?"

Simply have their credit pulled. If you have a friend who's a mortgage broker or loan officer, they can do it for you. If child has a credit history, it could spell big trouble and it is costly to clean that up, usually about $500 in simple cases, more if it's involved.

The fact that people protect illegals who steal children's ID is beyond comprehension.

They are often stealing their own childrens Social Security numbers.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes...many times it is the illegal parents who use the social security number of their anchor baby children.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I would think that is the most likely case, using their own childrens SSNO, as the last name fits, and they are less likely to get caught, however, not saying it cannot happen to your child.

Honestly, a guy who barely speaks English goes into DMV with documents saying "Mike Johnson" and common sense would say that is not him, he is risking a lot, but sure, many people in state government and with employers will ignore the obvious for their own personal convictions about illegal immigration or for their own profits.

Have it checked out if you are concerned.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Honestly, a guy who barely speaks English goes into DMV with documents saying "Mike Johnson" and common sense would say that is not him, he is risking a lot, but sure, many people in state government and with employers will ignore the obvious for their own personal convictions about illegal immigration or for their own profits.
    A guy who works for a cleaning company in my building barely speaks English, says he is from El Salvador and says his name is "Alex".

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    They are often stealing their own childrens Social Security numbers.
    DITTO!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Call the SS office. Check their site for the number. I did for our children. Just explain that you want to see if there is any activity, etc... I call every year -they have always been helpful and understanding why I would be concerned.

http://www.ssa.gov/

and e-verify which would forced all accountability to this end was blocked after passage by both the House and the Senate by Homeland Security behind closed door seesions.
    who should be fired here?
    my ans.
    ALL OF THEM....
    ATT. GENNERAL HOLDER
    JANET NAP. HEAD OF HOMELAND SECURITY
    NORTON THE HEAD OF ICE. FOR THE FEDERAL GOV'T
    OUR PRES. WHO HAS TAKEN AN OATH TO PROTECT AND SERVE OUR NATION. AND HAS FAILED BEYOND REASON.
    THESE ACT ARE TREASONOUS BY ALL OF THE ABOVE.
    THE TOTAL FAILURE TO PROTECT OUR NATIONAL SECURITY .

Their children shouldn't even have social security numbers; stopping anchor baby citizenship is critical to ending this crisis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast