Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Chris Mathews' round table: "AMNESTY THIS YEAR!"

On his Sunday morning show his "question of the week" was about Bush traveling to Arizona to push for "immigration reform". And he asked "will Bush get his bill this year?"

...and everyone of them said "YES, with little republican support."

One guest even said that the bill would be "a lot worse than he would've gotten last year, but he's more concerned about his 'legacy' at this point."

Just because you're used to something doesn't make it right.

Banned
    ...and everyone of them said "YES, with little republican support."
    I don't believe it's going to pass--too hot for the Dems, too. If the dems pass it, it will be the end of their party in the Senate, if not the House, and all along, I thought it would be the Republicans who would go down!

Why would the Democrats think this is a winning issue? It crosses party lines! I'm calling Dems tomorrow and I'm going to hit it from the fiscal angle. And, ask them if they've seen a cost analysis from the CBO.

Chris Matthews....The Irish Called

Chris Mattews the Irish called
    Right after your latest shameful ambush attack
    And they wanted any claim you might have
    Ever made to possessing manhood back

Matthews isn't hard hitting
    He's a disgusting merchant of slime
    He deserves to get that smug look
    Slapped off his face sometime

Matthews doesn't play hard ball
    He plays fast and loose
    His whole goal is to stick
    His guest's neck in a noose

By talking loud and louder
    By being abrupt and rude
    By deliberately misleading
    Or being blatantly crude

He counts on not getting
    Punched in the face
    He has no respect for truth
    Manners or grace

He's abrasive and arrogant
    Disengenuous beyond belief
    He loves to provoke and irritate
    Whatever causes the most grief

He's nobody's journalist
    Although he claims it as his work
    Every day more and more
    He reveals himself to be

An unrepentant jerk

Neils
    12:20 am
    8/21/2004
    transcribed this time
    10:09 am
    0408/2007

N....again

MW
    olivermyboy wrote:

I don't believe it's going to pass--too hot for the Dems, too. If the dems pass it, it will be the end of their party in the Senate, if not the House, and all along, I thought it would be the Republicans who would go down!
    That is exactly why the bill must have adequate Republican support to be successful. The Democrats know an amnesty bill without Republican support would be virtual suicide for the party. That's also why the first step was important - that step being a bill written by a Democrat and Republican (Guiterrez & Flake). Furthermore, that is why it was hoped there would be a McCain/Kennedy bill in the Senate. Trust me, the state gifts (pork), promises, arm twistings, and threats are happening as we speak. All we can do is keep the pressure turned up and hope our representatives are listening to "we" the people.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    olivermyboy wrote:

That is exactly why the bill must have adequate Republican support to be successful. The Democrats know an amnesty bill without Republican support would be virtual suicide for the party. That's also why the first step was important - that step being a bill written by a Democrat and Republican (Guiterrez & Flake). Furthermore, that is why it was hoped there would be a McCain/Kennedy bill in the Senate. Trust me, the state gifts (pork), promises, arm twistings, and threats are happening as we speak. All we can do is keep the pressure turned up and hope our representatives are listening to "we" the people.
    Very insightful comment. I'd like to focus on the pork in the bill. The Guru-Flake bill is 697 pages long. Hardly anybody, if anybody, has read the whole thing. A bill that long has got to be full of pork and favors for special interests.

Whatever immigration bill passes needs to have only 2 things:
    1) No scamnesty
    2) A national working permit system that effectively bars those who are illegally present from getting a job in the United States.

That's a 10 page bill. That's all we need.

With the jobs magnet gone, new illegals will stop coming, and most those already here will either self-deport or present themselves for deportation.

Most of the rest will either be working as day laborers or living off the charity of the Catholic Church (which I now severely question as an institution.) Between the institutionalized child molestation and the harboring of illegal aliens, I think even devout Catholics should have serious questions about their Church as an institution.
    "We have a sacred, noble obligation in this country to defend the rule
    of law. Without rule of law, without democracy, without rule of law being
    applied without fear or favor, there is no freedom."

Senator Chuck Schumer 6/11/2007
    <s

Banned
    MW wrote;
    Great point!

Question for you MW: Do you think we have applied adequate pressure on the Dems, especially Blue Dogs and newly elected in formerly Repubican districts? They ran on cutting spending and should be forced to do CBO analysis!

(I think it's interesting McClame isn't joining Bush and Flake in Yuma, AZ, because he was so excited for the Bush bill to come out, telling Ingraham and Beck, it would be a bill they could like. Beck said he doubted it, he really doubted it.)

neilsthepoet,

Bravo!
    I see that you've had that on your mind for quite some time. I'm not keeping score, but it's been since "O" Four.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Neils,

I just had time to read your poem! I have never heard Chris Matthews so succinctly and truthfully defined. I'm not sure he is worthy of poetic expression no matter how cutting!

Thank you,

Oliver

They no nothing for sure!! their just full of hot air and clueless!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I remember when "HardBall" first came on, and believe it or not, it was a breath of fresh air vs the mainstream media outlets. He saw a niche for quick, hard debates, and ironically, in the beginning, it was pretty "fair and balanced". However, after FoxNews came along and established itself as the middle-to-right network, Chris Mathews took off his bias governor. ...to me though, it's not that big of a deal. He really doesn't try to pretend he's something he's not. Which is good.

However, his politics are extremely jouvenile. And what's more important he's a REALLY BAD WRITER. Have you ever read one of his books? I have. Two of them. And his prose stinks. It's boring and extremely conversational. And he claims to be a "writer first" and a pundit/host by default. Which is a major insight to where he's coming from.

e

PS, it does scare me that he, and his entire panel, said with 100% certainty that YES, it will happen this year.
    Just because you're used to something doesn't make it right.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast