Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CHRISTIAN BROTHERLY LOVE AND COMPASSION

CHRISTIAN BROTHERLY LOVE AND COMPASSION.
    I am so sick of hearing pro-illegal advocates say Americans should practice brotherly love and compassion for poor, hungry illegals who only come here for jobs and a better life. Not for their safety from political slaughter, starvation or lack of jobs in Mexico. Stating that it is the Christian thing to do.

The Bible teaches families should take care of their poor first and Mexico has resources to take care of it’s people and it is not our Christian responsibility. We give millions to Mexico through Christian organizations and our government because of the goodness of our heart and not out of Christian obligation. Our government’s first responsible it to us. It is not Christian to take from the poor and give to the poor. Mexico’s wealth is not distributed to assist it’s poor and yet the country do not have people starving.

I believe the Christian thing for minister to do for illegals is not to encourage them to break the law but to obey the law. They should council them and help them in any way they can to stop breaking the law by returning home and entering this country lawfully. Christ did not uphold law breakers. If they were in danger of losing their lives if they returned then I believe the Christian thing to do would be to give them sanctuary. Illegals from Mexico is not in such danger if they returned. Many do return because the “good lifeâ€

Excellent perspective, excellent message. Thankyou.
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

Mexico is a very rich country, with the money in the hands of a few at the top (kind of like it's becoming here).

Instead of developing their country so that they can employ their own people, they send them north to get rid of them because they do not care one whit what happens to them. Mexico should be held responsible for their own citizens by the U.S. showing them that NO MORE ILLEGALS will be allowed, and those here will be deported.

Otherwise, we're just aiding and abetting Mexico in its shirking of responsibility to its own people.

Christian brotherly love does not involve the aiding and abetting of criminals. As a Christian, I am not responsible for the support of illegal aliens from Mexico or any other country.

Many pro-illegal so-called Christians are merely exploiting God to further their agendas. I have said it before, and I will reiterate....God will NOT find faultless those who have exploited Him.

The pro-illegal crowd can take their guilt trips and stuff 'em.

Great post Dyehard. I too have searched and searched as to how just turning a blind eye and allowing this to happen is "Christian".

God pretty much assures our NEEDS will be met. I know my Dad always said there really isn't a need to steal. 99 x's out of 100.....if you ASK...you will have your need met by someone. NEED not WANT. Need a meal......not just run from pantry to pantry taking everything you can and then selling it at a garage sale. Need emergency care....not lie to get free service. I know having faith in that is a struggle for me in todays world....there's people who will steal the last dime from a homeless man or other un-speakable things when they see the most vunerable among us.

I'm sure there are illegals who did what they did out of sheer desperation and didn't hold much hope for anything else to do. Problem is...too many see it as the easy way with a sense of entitlement. Abused the kindness given and have other motives that are as far, as far can be, from Christian motives. Maybe it's my human fraility....but it's hard to feel good things to people who want me dead and have no qualms saying so. It's hard to feel neighborly when the second they see you leave they run over to steal your lawnmower or anything else they want.

As with everything else....it's gone to grave extreems.

I can't accept something as ok when I know in my soul it's wrong.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

God will NOT find faultless those who have exploited Him.
    I remember something written where he said there will be many who claim they know me but don't have a clue who he is.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

DyeHard39-Thanks for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    God will NOT find faultless those who have exploited Him.
    I remember something written where he said there will be many who claim they know me but don't have a clue who he is.
    Is this the passage you are talking about?

"Not everyone saying "Lord, Lord, will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in heavens will. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and performs many powerful works in your name? And yet I will confes to them; I never knew you. Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness.
    Matt 7; 21-23.

This brotherly love and compassion thing works both way. If illegal aliens want to be shown brotherly love from us, they should also treat us with the same. They should do this by not entering this country uninvited and putting a strain on the us and our government and private institutionsand show us the same respect they expect from us.

Excellent post, Dyehard, and very well thought out. I'll be forwarding this to some friends.