Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Christian Ramirez to give speech at Reconquista meeting.

Christian Ramirez from the American Friends Service Comittee will give a speech with Union del Barrio, a radical Reconquista group who see similarities between Mexicans and Palestinians and accepts their methods of "struggle" (terrorism).

From: "Ron Gochez" <mexicanoatucla@aol.com>Add sender to Contacts

Union del Barrio invites the Southern California community...

END the OCCUPATION NOW!!
    1848 (Mexico) and 1948 (Palestine):
    Two People's; ONE STRUGGLE!!

(Teach-in and Video Presentation)

From Venezuela to Los Angeles, Raza shows its solidarity with the people and struggle of Palestine!

Saturday, January 17, 2009
    6:00 - 8:00PM

Centro Cultural Francisco Villa
    2100 Maple Ave. LA, CA 90011

(Corner of Maple Ave and 21st Street)

Come learn about the Palestinian people's struggle for liberation and how it's historically similar to the plight of the Raza/Indigenous people's of the Americas.

Speakers:
    Christian Ramirez, American Friends Service Committee: Will speak about his experience from his 2008 visit to Palestine (will include a video segment)

Daniel Montes, Union Del Barrio: Will speak on UdB's analysis and historical similarities between the liberation struggles of Palestinians and Mexicans

Palestinian speakers: TBA...still confirming who will be the speakers...

Documentaries, food and drinks will be available for a small donation!

For more information: udbla@aol.com
    323-602-3480

Ron Gochez
    Social Justice Educator/Community Organizer

Yeah their struggle is similar! They both have observed a superior culture and said "Gimme that!"

Israelis claim that few "Palestinians" were actually living there in 1948, but a large number of refugees from others parts of the Arab world migrated after the Israelis developed the area. Sound familiar? I am not sure how accurate this is, but it is an explanation I have heard before.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I've actually heard that Palestinians/Arabs were once the majority, but through immigration (hmm, sounds reaaaaally familiar), the Jewish people slowly became a rather large minority. As is understandable, the influx of Jewish foreigners caused strains within Palestine and the Arab majority felt increasingly threatened so clashes broke out. The UN decided the solution was to intervene and give the Jewish people their own country in Palestine. This would be like having the UN award the illegal Mexicans the South Western portion of the US to end any violence that would erupt (although I doubt that would happen in our case thanks to integration) between Americans and the Mexicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    Yeah their struggle is similar! They both have observed a superior culture and said "Gimme that!"

Israelis claim that few "Palestinians" were actually living there in 1948, but a large number of refugees from others parts of the Arab world migrated after the Israelis developed the area. Sound familiar? I am not sure how accurate this is, but it is an explanation I have heard before.

I have heard the same Captron.

But either scenario of who was where first really makes no difference when it's the same old story.........there is always going to be populations who work their behinds off to become successful and prosperous only to have another, lazy, criminal, corrupt society, who has never done anything worthwhile for themselves, decide that they are just going to take over what others have built.

And they always have some excuse as to why they are "entitled" to it

Th only problem is that when they start taking it, they quickly run it into the ground and destroy it because they are such abject failures they haven't the slightest of clues as to how to effectively manage what they've "reclaimed"
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't think it is accurate to say that illegal immigrants are lazy. Most of the ones I've seen (especially out in the fields) are pretty darn hardworking. What we are experiencing now is the merger of a lot of complex trends from both cultures:
    1. Social advocacy---which unfortunately has allowed our productive technology to be thwarted to accomplish an agenda. Unions have always been really good at this
    2. Change in what people in civilized countries define as work----which is going to require an everexpanding population to provide "opportunities' for these new "workers"--case in point, labor rights lawyers.
    3. Residual agrarian attitudes in developing countries---the more kids the better!
    4. Antiquated religious groups searching for some new relevancy......
    I better stop at this point.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    I don't think it is accurate to say that illegal immigrants are lazy. Most of the ones I've seen (especially out in the fields) are pretty darn hardworking. What we are experiencing now is the merger of a lot of complex trends from both cultures:
    1. Social advocacy---which unfortunately has allowed our productive technology to be thwarted to accomplish an agenda. Unions have always been really good at this
    2. Change in what people in civilized countries define as work----which is going to require an everexpanding population to provide "opportunities' for these new "workers"--case in point, labor rights lawyers.
    3. Residual agrarian attitudes in developing countries---the more kids the better!
    4. Antiquated religious groups searching for some new relevancy......
    I better stop at this point.

Let me clarify.....not laziness on the part of the particular citizen, but on the part of their governments......sit back with the "Peel me a grape" attitude and let everyone else take care of them rather than do anything to improve their countries or the lives of their citizens.