Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Church giving sanctuary needs to know bible's view

Church giving sanctuary need to know what their bible says about aliens, borders and laws.

Rom 13;17….let every soul be in subjection to superior authorities.
    Titus 3;1..be obedient to government and authorities as rulers.
    Luke 2;1-5…a decree went forth from Caesar for all the inhabited earth to be registered
    Acts 24;16…I am exercising myself continually …of committing no offense to GOD and men. (they are breaking our laws and GOD’s laws.)
    Rom 13;2-4…”he who opposes the authority has taken a stand against the arrangement of GOD…those who have taken a stand against it will receive judgment..if you are doing what is bad, be in fear.
    Christians who subject themselves to proper authority of political government receive benefits….Rom 13;3,4….1Pet 2;12-14.

Boundaries (borders)

Boundaries were set in place by God from the beginning of time and for a reason.

Gen 4;10,11....3;23,24...
    Josh13;23.... The territory or land enclosed within a border or boundary.

Gen 15;18-21. Ex 23;31..... To Abraham and his seed God promised a certain land with definitely stated boundaries.
    Gen 15;13-16.....would enforce an eviction decree when “the error of the Amorites” came to its completion.
    Deut 2;4,5,18,19....Jehovah God also decreed that the Israelites would not encrouch on the boundaries of the nations of Edom, ....
    Deut 32;8....when the Most High gave the nations an inheritance, when he parted the sons of Adam from one another, he proceeded to fix the boundary of the people with regard for the number of the sons of Israel.”
    Eph 2;12-16....Under penalty of death, Gentiles were prohibited beyond that boundary, such wall serving the apostle as an apt illustration of the division created by the Law covenant.
    Isa 54;l14,15...60;18..Co 3;16,17. These spiritual boundaries are to be held inviolate, for God warns that those invading them will meet with destruction.

Aliens, Foreigners, Visitors, Settlers and Strangers In response to the posting of Leviticus;

Alien residents referred to in the old testament had more to do with religion and the Mosaic law than be an alien from another country.
    They were, in the 1st century subject to the laws of the Israelites given to them by God. It is not to be confused with obeying superior authorities in the New Testament.

Law covenant given to the Israelites were different from the law covenant instituted by Christ. Mosaic law only applied to the Israelites.

In the bible “alien resident” refers to a settler in the land of Palestine who was content to live among the Israelites, obeying the laws of the land but not fully accepting the worship of Jehovah.
    Deut 5;14, 1;18, Lev 22;10.

The law covenant allowed for persons to come into the congregation of Israel by accepting the true worship of Jehovah and being circumcised and there were exceptions and restrictions. Egyptian and Edomites could not enter into the congregation until the third generation...
    Deut. 33;7,8
    illegitimate sons and their descendants were denied entry into the congregation “to the tenth generation” Deut23;2
    Ammonites and Moabites were prohibited “to the tenth generation”...to time indefinite...Deut.23;3-6

The alien resident who had become a circumcised worshiper was bound to one law with the Israelites..to obey all the terms of the Law covenant.
    Lev 24;22

Alien residents, not having any land inheritance, ...some were slaves.
    .Lev 25;44-46

Marriage alliances with foreigners war prohibited, due to the danger of corruption of pure worship. Ex 34;16 deut. 7;3,24, josh 23;12,13.

No actual alliance would be formed with foreign tribe of family.... her parent having been slain when her city was taken.
    Deut 21;10-14.

In governmental matters had no political status and could never become a king. Deut 17;15.

The Israelites experienced many outrages at the hands of foreigner.
    Lam 2;5-12,19-22.
    Jews were in constant conflict with the foreigner around them...these factors, couples with the fear of mongrelising their race through intermarriage with foreigners....
    1 kings 8;41-43; 2 Chor 6;32,33; Isa. 56;6,7.

As a rule the Jews had no dealing with the Samaritans, a people of mixed descent from Israelites and foreigners. John 4;8.

“You well know how unlawful it is for a Jew to join himself to or approach a man of another race.” Acts 10;28.

This all had to do with religion and not being an illegal alien from another country. So there is no relation between the problem we are having now, in the 21st, century with illegal aliens and the alien resident of the 1st century israelites.

Uncontrolled and excessive immigration is a curse not a blessing:
    A people you don’t know will eat what your land and your labor Deut 28:33; Is. 1:7
    The foreigner who lives amongst you will rise higher and higher, and you lower and lower: Deut 28:43

The alien shall be a snare and trap for you until you perish from the land, Josh. 23:13

Christians given borders established by God--Acts17:26; Gen. 10:5; Deut 32:8
    Christians may deport the heathen-- Neh13:3

Example of legal immigration
    Joseph and Israel asked permission from Pharaoh to live in Egypt—Gen. 47:4-5

SANCTUARY AND CITIES OF REFUGE;

The Sanctuary is a part of Temple or the Synagogue and has nothing to do with a place to harboring criminals as in the churches of today.

Jehovah’s arrangement for the protection of unintentional manslayers was from the so-called cities of refuge and other sanctuaries set up by ancient pagan nations and by Christendom’s churches down through he ages.
    The latter sanctuaries offered shelter for criminals of every sort along with the innocent, and encouraged wanton killing. Israel cities of refuge gave protection to only the innocent and then only under restrictions, thus promoted respect for the sanctity of life.

There is no sanctuary in a place of worship for an illegal alien, who is a criminal because they have broken the law of our land, to take refuge from prosecution.

A place set apart for the worship of God or of gods, a holy place.
    1 Chron 22;19. Isa 16;12. Ezek 28;18. Amos 7;9,13. Deut 12;11.

Cities of refuge were established by God where unintentional manslayer could go for protection from those who wanted to take revenge.
    Deut 19;4,5. Num 35;6-22. Josh 20;2-9.

Every human on the face of the earth knows the difference between right and wrong and going against a countries laws by entering that country illegally is simply wrong. They know it and we know it and so does our government.

There are times & places where civil disobediance is required,
    i.e. the founding of our country or Dietrich Bonhoeffer in Nazi Germany.
    However, our problem is not adherence to unjust laws, but ignoring laws
    which are just & sound. In fact, those wishing to ignore our
    laws can provide NO MORAL BASIS FOR DOING SO and have
    considerable short-term gain by breaking these laws.

I wonder if the southern conservative methodists know some
    of their mission money is finding its way to Elvira?

I DON'T KNOW WHICH IS WORSE, NOT OBEYING LAWS OR NOT ENFORCING LAWS.

dyehard,

I just wanted to say that I appreciate this post. It only took me a week to come back and read it.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    dyehard,

I just wanted to say that I appreciate this post. It only took me a week to come back and read it.

Dixie
    Gosh, you are one clever girl!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I was sure slow! That's for sure!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)