Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

churches and illegals

I just had a thought. I know that most people look toward churches as a safe haven. However, it is not God or necessarily the Church that is making the building a safe haven. It is the individual beliefs of the person in charge of that building. God has said that we should obey the laws of the land. Does that mean the pastors etc, are able to pick and choose what laws THEY will obey? I think that they should be punished also. I know that priests can't devulge what happened in a confessional, but does that mean they can harbor someone on the run? Just a thought. I would like someone else's opionion on this subject.

Re: churches and illegals

Quote Originally Posted by agrneydgrl
    I just had a thought. I know that most people look toward churches as a safe haven. However, it is not God or necessarily the Church that is making the building a safe haven. It is the individual beliefs of the person in charge of that building. God has said that we should obey the laws of the land. Does that mean the pastors etc, are able to pick and choose what laws THEY will obey? I think that they should be punished also. I know that priests can't devulge what happened in a confessional, but does that mean they can harbor someone on the run? Just a thought. I would like someone else's opionion on this subject.

IMO, they can't physically "harbor" anyone. I few churches have given sanctuary to illegal aliens and the federal govt. hasn't made a point of arresting the fugitive. I suspect the govt. merely doesn't want the bad PR.