Thread: Cinco De Mayo

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Cinco De Mayo

The holiday of Cinco De Mayo, The 5th Of May(WHICH MEANS NOTHING TO ME) , commemorates the victory of the Mexican militia over the French army at The Battle Of Puebla in 1862.(MAYBE THEY SHOULD TRY FIGHTING THE POWERS THAT BE IN THEIR COUNTRY NOW they have had 145 years of rest). It is primarily a regional holiday celebrated in the Mexican state capital city of Puebla and throughout the state of Puebla, with some limited recognition in other parts of Mexico, and especially in U.S. cities with a significant Mexican population.(legal or not) It is not, as many people think, Mexico's Independence Day, (INDEPENDENCE FROM WHAT THEIR OWN COUNTRY. AND THEY FIND TIME TO CELEBRATE OR AS I SEE IT GET DRUNK) which is actually September 16.I think that May %th is a great day to pick up illegal aliens. They will be easy to spot, stumbaling around major cities everywhere MAY 5th.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Welcome to ALIPAC. We have asked ICE, this last week with all of the "immigration rights" rallies in cities, why they would not round all of the proudly proclaiming illegals at said rallies, they said that it might cause riots (hey, there was one in LA and ICE did NOT show up), and they did not work that way.

Wish they would, it would sure make it easier and cost the taxpayers less.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just heard a child in the protest whose parents are being deported and she say we are separating families and she wants to say here because Mexico do not have the same liberties that we have here. Do not forget BENEFITS. We have fought hard for those liberties and do not want to give them up. We want the intack for our children years to come. We do not want to give them up.
    They can go back to Mexico with their parents, protest and fight there for liberties and benefits.

Why do we really celebrate Cinco de Mayo? What meaning does it have for Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by dyehard39
    Why do we really celebrate Cinco de Mayo? What meaning does it have for Americans.
    None whatsoever. It is just another excuse for some to get drunk and stupid. I will be out with my video camera tonight.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

That's why my complex is so desereted today! They're all at the carnival downtown, spending their ill-gained money.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

When was the mex holiday? Today? ahhhh I misssed it.

It's not a holiday here.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Silly question, but does England have a fourth of July?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here is the rest of the story:

The Mexicans won this battle but lost the war, the French gained control of Mexico. Remember this was during the US Civil War. After the Civil War the US helped Mexico kick the French out.

So it seems to me on this day Mexicans should also be thanking Americans for helping them to remain independent of France.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman

So it seems to me on this day Mexicans should also be thanking Americans for helping them to remain independent of France.
    Yes, I think Mexicans should stop whining that we "stole" their land, and start thanking us for the existence of Mexico as a sovereign nation.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

After the Civil War the US helped Mexico kick the French out.
    So they could not have beaten the French without us? Wow, pathetic. So they celebrate Cinco de Mayo for this reason, being all too Latinocentric and they really have us to thank for this!

Another example of the depths of their ungratefulness to Americans.