Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Nope 2nd we don't even have that..........that really stinks, don't it?
    I think you might call this a "metropolis" I'm out in the sticks in the middle of nowhere at the foot of a mountain. My nearest neighbor is 1/2 mile up the road......a dirt road no less
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

2nd........we do have a little bitty Post Office, gas station, convienent store and auto repair shop..........we have a fancy resturant out in the middle of a cow pasture.............does that count?
    Course, I can't bring myself to eat in that resturant for some reason
    Oh yeah, we got a little one room barber shop :P
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

copy to my mayor

Thanks!! I'm going to send a copy to my mayor. I live in a city that was sued by the federal government 10 years ago for going about it the wrong way -just going after hispanics. They have been gunshy ever since.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ruthiela
    2nd........we do have a little bitty Post Office, gas station, convienent store and auto repair shop..........we have a fancy resturant out in the middle of a cow pasture.............does that count?
    Course, I can't bring myself to eat in that resturant for some reason
    Oh yeah, we got a little one room barber shop :P
    You gave me welcomed chuckles, RUTH

Seriously, your community has a tax base that has to have a council of some sort to take care of property taxes, etc. A board or council. Some group somewhere? LOL...wracking my brain here.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well, I send my property taxes to Asheboro and that is where I am registered to vote.....(though they send me out in the middle of nowhere to vote) my light bill comes out of Charlotte, my phone bill out of Randleman.......weird, huh? Too far out in the sticks to get cablevision....got DirecTV but that too comes out of another state.
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

Quote Originally Posted by ruthiela
    Well, I send my property taxes to Asheboro and that is where I am registered to vote.....(though they send me out in the middle of nowhere to vote) my light bill comes out of Charlotte, my phone bill out of Randleman.......weird, huh? Too far out in the sticks to get cablevision....got DirecTV but that too comes out of another state.
    Actually, the above is normal for me .....they just started running cable wires up here recently.

Have you called Asheboro? You must be in their jurisdiction so they will be the people to contact. Their town meetings will probably be your best bet. Give that a shot, RUTH.

I'll do that V..........thanks..........if it isn't them then it would be Randleman next..........I guess.
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

If your in Guilford County I think these Commissioner Muggs will do!

http://gcms0004.co.guilford.nc.us/co...ners/index.php

Check their schedule as to when to show up and yell at them as well, but by all means do send them the Hazleton info and tell them we don't apperciate all the North Carolina registered Cars driven by illegals for years at a time in other states!

http://gcms0004.co.guilford.nc.us/co...s/meetings.php

If you live in an unincorperated area, it's your county commissioners or county supervisors that are your CITY council!
    "Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake." -- Louisa May Alcott

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12