Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Civil Rights Movement My Butt

This was forwarded to me at work today. It had a distribution list of 100 or more so I'm not sure who wrote it. I just thought I would share it.

This is an email to the National Council of LaRaza

The protests staged by illegal immigrants are fine and great for whatever they are worth. However, I cannot sit by while Latinos or Chicanos or whatever you want to be called compare yourselves to the 1960's Civil Rights Movements.

I am an African American and your people have nothing in common with Blacks. We were chained and dragged here. We are not here by any choice of our own. We had no rights because we were black, not illegal. We did not demand special treatment. We marched in protest to be treated like every other citizen. We had dogs and fire hoses turned on us. We were beaten with billy clubs and dragged to jail. We were lynched, skinned and castrated and left hanging from a tree for everybody to see. While all this was going on, Chicanos were no where to be seen in support of our Movement.

To date, I have not seen one dog or firehose turned on your protestors. I have not heard of any of your protestors being lynched or skinned. No, I see partying and having a good old time. It takes no courage to march in a crowd of 1 million. Courage is marching in a crowd of just a few with no high profile supporters, just angry citizens lining the street shouting obscenities. Check out some of the footage of the '60s. That will give you an idea of what courage really is.

So until you have walked in the shoes of real freedom fighters, my friend, compare yourselves to something else. Here's an idea, have an original thought and come up with your own terminology for your movement. But whatever you do, don't call it a Civil Rights Movement. You have no right to compare yourselves to us and no idea what discrimination really is.

Also, I find Chicanos to be very racist. You sure don't like Black, but black you're going to get because you have moved into our neighborhoods and our kids go to the same schools. When people start living together, hanky panky goes on. In 20 years you'll be calling yourselves Blackicans. Better learn how to like collard greens and cornbread.

Peace out.

Also, I find Chicanos to be very racist. You sure don't like Black, but black you're going to get because you have moved into our neighborhoods and our kids go to the same schools. When people start living together, hanky panky goes on. In 20 years you'll be calling yourselves Blackicans. Better learn how to like collard greens and cornbread.
    ROFLMAO! :P

I am soooooooo emailing this to everyone. LOL
    Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed.
    Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.
    Mahatma Gandhi

lol good one. I take it this person was a tad bit upset. lol

Quote Originally Posted by MopheadBlue
    ROFLMAO! :P
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

That letter is right on. I can't stand them saying this is a new civil rights movement. Where is Jesse Rainbow Jackson? He should be crying about that on all the news stations!
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Quote Originally Posted by TexasCowgirl
    That letter is right on. I can't stand them saying this is a new civil rights movement. Where is Jesse Rainbow Jackson? He should be crying about that on all the news stations!

That letter is Right On!!!