Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Welcome to Alipac surfacewarrior.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Welcome! With so much going on and people being burned so much, caution is the law of the land. I'm sure you can understand that. For example, we keep hearing there is no way the Dream Act will pass. Are they being honest, or are they trying to manipulate us so we don't fight them once again?
    Thank you for your service and for following our immigration laws. I respect that.

surfacewarrior I welcome you. Growing up next to a military post, being a military wife and now the mother of a STO, I understand your feelings. Unfortunately we have trolls comming on this site trying to trap us into saying things that they can twist. Some of us have developed a sixth sense or have been burnt by our well meaning support. Sorry if you are a victim of our overcautiousness, but that is the climate we are forced to be living in.

Re: class action suit

surfacewarrior"] I have report illegals on speed dial.

Now I really like that idea! And thank you... really.
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

Welcome boats, glad to have another Navy person here....

Don't retreat, just "Refuel"

Anchors...

Ken
    Any and all comments & Opinions and postings by me are considered of my own opinion, and not of any ORG that I belong to! PERIOD!

Re: class Action Suit

Quote Originally Posted by surfacewarrior
    Having to jumpthru hoops 39 years ago to marry my LBFM (Little brown Filipina Maiden) and spend thousands of dollars and many trips to both countries embassies, I wouls like to know if any one else would like to sue the government to get back our expences, If i would have known then what I know now, I would have sent her and her family to mexico and spent $500 to cross over in San Diego.

Chief Warrant Officer ( Bos'n )
    US Navy ( Ret.)
    I was in the same situation as you described, with my wife. We did things the ethical and LEGAL way only to see millions of others skirt the system to get a free ride! Yes, it angers both of us to see what is happening!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Banned
    Yes , the deck is stacked against those wanting to do it right

But not so for illegals

Having to jumpthru hoops 39 years ago to marry my LBFM (Little brown Filipina Maiden) and spend thousands of dollars and many trips to both countries embassies, I wouls like to know if any one else would like to sue the government to get back our expences, If i would have known then what I know now, I would have sent her and her family to mexico and spent $500 to cross over in San Diego.

US Navy ( Ret.)
    First off, why do you refer to your wife as my LBFM (Little brown Filipina Maiden)? Seems a little disrespectful. What ever, it's your relationship.

I am also a vet and my wife I met in Argentina. I jumped through the same hoops you claim you and your wife jumped through (actually they are called laws) and it only took a few months (~ 9) and thousands of dollars. But only because I chose to hire an attorney to do all of the paperwork. Had I done it myself, it would have cost only a fraction of that. I never had to go to the embassy at all as USCIS was the one that handles the paperwork and contacted the US embassy in Argentina. Once the paper work was completed they contacted my present wife and she went to the embassy to get her K-1 visa. There is absolutely NO reason for you to travel to any embassy of any country.

Why would I want to sue the Government? We both knew what we were getting into when we made the decision to date and eventually want to get married. I was also very aware of the expenses involved as they are on the USCIS web site. My attorney also was very clear about her charges. Why would I want my money back?

Yes I could have sent my wife to Mexico for the price of an airline ticket. But why would MY wife want to be in her new country as a criminal? What kind of a life is that to offer your wife? How could you even consider letting your wife go across the desert of Mexico with a criminal coyote when it is possible she would be raped, killed, kidnapped or arrested by the border patrol and deported.

Your story is not adding up. Why are you even complaining if your wife is here? It almost sounds like your marriage went bad and you are blaming the government.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by bigtex

US Navy ( Ret.)
    First off, why do you refer to your wife as my LBFM (Little brown Filipina Maiden)? Seems a little disrespectful. What ever, it's your relationship.

I am also a vet and my wife I met in Argentina. I jumped through the same hoops you claim you and your wife jumped through (actually they are called laws) and it only took a few months (~ 9) and thousands of dollars. But only because I chose to hire an attorney to do all of the paperwork. Had I done it myself, it would have cost only a fraction of that. I never had to go to the embassy at all as USCIS was the one that handles the paperwork and contacted the US embassy in Argentina. Once the paper work was completed they contacted my present wife and she went to the embassy to get her K-1 visa. There is absolutely NO reason for you to travel to any embassy of any country.

Why would I want to sue the Government? We both knew what we were getting into when we made the decision to date and eventually want to get married. I was also very aware of the expenses involved as they are on the USCIS web site. My attorney also was very clear about her charges. Why would I want my money back?

Yes I could have sent my wife to Mexico for the price of an airline ticket. But why would MY wife want to be in her new country as a criminal? What kind of a life is that to offer your wife? How could you even consider letting your wife go across the desert of Mexico with a criminal coyote when it is possible she would be raped, killed, kidnapped or arrested by the border patrol and deported.

Your story is not adding up. Why are you even complaining if your wife is here? It almost sounds like your marriage went bad and you are blaming the government.
    I believe the part about crossing from Mexico was tongue in cheek.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

class action suit

Nope marriage is great, 39 years and still going strong, 3 kids 7 grandkids, back in 72 while on leave from Vietnam, we had to visit both embassies to do all the paperwork ourselves, just the way it was done back then, and you are reading ( reading may not be your your greatest attribute ) spelling is not mine, way above your comprehension level on the irony as stated in my post, My sweet LBFM ( Little Brown Filipina Maiden ) does not feel disrespected by LBFM as I put it, but she does not like the other meaning of LBFM.

US Navy , Ret.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast