Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar

Claudia Spencer, Minutewoman, Legal Immigrant

My name is Claudia Spencer. I am here today specifically because I was born and raised in Mexico, and I now find myself, as a U.S. citizen, involved in a battle for the soul of a country I never expected to hold so dear….against an enemy I thought that I had left behind forever when I left Mexico. My message today is not the one I had intended to present when I was originally asked to speak before this group. Nor are these the same words I would have spoken prior to witnessing the shameless demonstrations by thousands of Mexican illegals across the country this weekend.
    First, let me point out that I have spent most of my life in Mexico, and have 30 years of firsthand experiences with the country and the people. An un-sugarcoated account of these experiences can many times come across as politically incorrect, even under the best of circumstances. And today as I witness thousands of my former Mexican countrymen illegally in the streets of the United States, a country that is not their own, shamefully demanding rights and privileges to which they are under no stretch of the imagination entitled, it is far from the best of circumstances. So please forgive me if I allow the painfully obvious truth to trump political correctness.
    I grew up in poverty, along with 2 brothers and a sister, in Mexico…And by poverty I mean in a house partially constructed of cardboard. Yet my father saw the value of education, and somehow, through an enormous amount of hard work and sacrifice, managed to put all of his children through college. I am an architect, as is my brother. My sister and other brother are civil engineers. Of the tens of thousands of Mexicans marching, complaining and demanding in the streets of cities across the United States this weekend, I would bet my life that not a single one measures up to my father in terms of character and basic value as a human being.
    Before legally entering the United States in 1998 to be with my husband, I had little actual knowledge of the United States. I knew only, according to returning Mexicans who had been here, mostly illegally, that gringos were stupid, gullible, manipulative and unjust……the same accusations being launched at American citizens by thousands of Mexicans illegally in this country who are demonstrating in the streets this weekend. However, upon my arrival here in the United States, I was immediately struck with the kind and generous nature of the people of the United States, in sharp contrast to my lifelong experience with my countrymen in Mexico; and not at all consistent with the horrific tales told by returning travelers. Never once in the years that I’ve been here have I experienced the slightest hint of discrimination, disrespect, or racism based upon my Mexican heritage. Never, ever! Despite the cries of racism even now being chanted in the streets, I can assure you from my own experience that Americans are not a racist people. In fact, the true racists are carrying Mexican flags down the streets of our country even as we speak, making very real threats to overwhelm and “re-conquer” us by sheer numbers, and return this country to La Raza, the Mexican race.
    Do you want to hear about my sole encounter with racism? It occurred last week while I was participating with the San Diego Minutemen in a peaceful rally in front of our Congressman’s office to protest the addition of any amnesty clause to HR4437. Our resident pro-illegal alien Latina activist was also there making her views known to the media, and after she had finished I attempted to engage her in a calm and rational discussion of the issue. She quickly became enraged, and you guessed it, accused me, a member of the same brown skinned race as her, of racism.
    With the majority of at least 12 million illegal aliens operating under the same brand of logic, as evidenced by all manner of activities this weekend, it is clear that we’ve got trouble and need to invoke some serious measures to deal with it. HR4437, without a hint or possibility of amnesty, would be a good start.
    Please listen closely to this. A reporter with one of the Spanish language TV channels covering the massive street protests of HR4437 occurring right now, summed up the grievances of the Mexican crowd…And listen to this… “The adoption of this law affects the future of thousands of immigrants who are planning to come to this country.” Preposterous. I hope President Bush is listening.
    I am speaking here today because of concern for my country, my city, myself and my family. I am watching as everything around me becomes more and more like what I left in Mexico. More crime, more violence, more trash; and more contempt for the English language and the US Constitution….and less overall respect for your fellow human being. Because I am Mexican by birth, it is clear to me that a great deal of this deterioration is due to the actions of those who are here illegally. As an example, let me point out that a member of my own family was murdered in Mexico, and the criminals escaped to the United States to avoid capture by the police. I can only assume that they continued to commit criminal acts while in this country, as do millions of other illegal aliens.
    I don’t really understand why a country as powerful as the United States allows this to happen and destroy what the many good people have built here over the past 200 years. But I do know that we must do what we can. I feel anger for those who are damaging the country that has welcomed me with kindness and respect, and as a new citizen of the United States, I ask you to recognize the wonderful country you have here, and to do everything in your power to preserve it for all of us and our children.
    A very important figure in Mexican history made an important quotation, stating: “Among individuals as among nations, the respect for the rights of others is peace”. For this reason, Vicente Fox should be ashamed of representing Mexico, as should Mexican illegals, since they don’t have any respect for our laws neither rights in this country. The rights of Mexican illegal aliens begin where the rights of Americans end, just south of our southern border.
    It is absolutely unacceptable that President Bush is holding hands with Vicente Fox, while his country is paying for the consequences of Mexican degradation.
    Let’s start fighting for our rights and God bless America.
    Thank you all very much.

This is from the Immigration Watchdog site. I felt this was so well put by this woman, on how the illegal immigrants are, their lifestyle and how degraded Mexico is. She gives credence to our already well known knowledge of what theses people are doing to our communities, turning them into Mexican slums.

She makes so many points, copy this, get it out to people and have them pass it on. I am.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

god bless her!

I am very proud of Claudia for standing up to defend a country she has grown to love. I am also proud to call her my sister.