Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Clinton defends handling of classified information

Clinton defends handling of classified information

Liz Goodwin 2 hours 37 minutes ago

Hillary Clinton defended her handling of classified information when asked by a veteran about it during NBC’s Commander-in-Chief Forum Wednesday night.

“As a naval flight officer, I had top secret clearance,” the veteran, John Lester, said. “Had I communicated this information not following prescribed protocols, I would have been prosecuted and imprisoned. Secretary Clinton, how can you expect those such as myself who were and are trusted with America’s most sensitive information to have any confidence in your leadership as president?”

Clinton said none of the emails she sent or received on her private email account were designated classified with a header that said “Secret” “Top Secret” or “Confidential.” (Some of the emails had the letter “C” in parenthesis on them, but Clinton told the FBI she did not think that meant they were confidential.)
    “I communicated about classified material on a wholly separate system,” she said. “I took it very seriously.”

Matt Lauer, the forum’s moderator, pressed Clinton to explain why some of her emails were about drone strikes.

“There were no discussions of any of the covert actions in process being determined about whether or not to go forward,” Clinton said. Rather, the emails were about what Clinton or other officials should say if asked abroad about a drone strike that had already occurred and had been reported.

“I just respectfully point to the hundreds of experienced foreign policy experts, diplomats, defense officials who were communicating information on the unclassified system, because it was necessary to answer questions and to be able publicly to go as far as we could, which was not acknowledging the program,” Clinton said.

The former secretary of state also defended her vote for the Iraq War, calling it “my mistake” and vowing to never send ground troops into Iraq again. She asked voters to look at the “totality” of her record, mentioning her work for veterans in the Senate. Donald Trump, who spoke after Clinton, denied his earlier support for the Iraq War, claiming he had always been against it.

Hillary Clinton defended her handling of classified information when asked by a veteran about it during NBC’s Commander-in-Chief Forum Wednesday night.

“As a naval flight officer, I had top secret clearance,” the veteran, John Lester, said. “Had I communicated this information not following prescribed protocols, I would have been prosecuted and imprisoned. Secretary Clinton, how can you expect those such as myself who were and are trusted with America’s most sensitive information to have any confidence in your leadership as president?”

Clinton said none of the emails she sent or received on her private email account were designated classified with a header that said “Secret” “Top Secret” or “Confidential.” (Some of the emails had the letter “C” in parenthesis on them, but Clinton told the FBI she did not think that meant they were confidential.)
    “I communicated about classified material on a wholly separate system,” she said. “I took it very seriously.”

Matt Lauer, the forum’s moderator, pressed Clinton to explain why some of her emails were about drone strikes.

“There were no discussions of any of the covert actions in process being determined about whether or not to go forward,” Clinton said. Rather, the emails were about what Clinton or other officials should say if asked abroad about a drone strike that had already occurred and had been reported.

“I just respectfully point to the hundreds of experienced foreign policy experts, diplomats, defense officials who were communicating information on the unclassified system, because it was necessary to answer questions and to be able publicly to go as far as we could, which was not acknowledging the program,” Clinton said.

The former secretary of state also defended her vote for the Iraq War, calling it “my mistake” and vowing to never send ground troops into Iraq again. She asked voters to look at the “totality” of her record, mentioning her work for veterans in the Senate. Donald Trump, who spoke after Clinton, denied his earlier support for the Iraq War, claiming he had always been against it.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/clinton-d...012914272.html

There is no defending your mishandling of classified information Hillary, or lying about it.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Wholly separate system is a new lie for her; already exposed that she used the one private server for SOS, clinton fdtn business, personal emails.

The prior sentence of not thinking "C" meant material was confidential doesn't jell with her new lie. It is a contradiction to say she knew "certain" classified were to be put on this imaginary, all of a sudden appearing, OTHER server yet she didn't realize c meant classified - she wallows in her own crap as do her followers.

Is the press asleep?
    Last edited by artist; 09-08-2016 at 04:20 PM.

Democrats are really in an uproar today. Hillary called a tarmac press conference to try to clean up her mess from last night but it all fell flat. Obama is in Laos calling Trump unfit and unqualified and telling the foreign audience this is confirmed every day. They're attacking Preibus at the RNC for mentioning that Hillary never smiled.

Meanwhile Trump was busy at a Charter School in Cleveland meeting with mostly Black Americans, gave a great speech, and has won every poll on last night's Commander in Chief Forum by a mile including the NBC News Forum, the network that conducted the forum.

The CORRUPT MEDIA is still carrying on like a bunch of monkeys fighting over the same bunch of over-ripe bananas, but with less dignity and skill I might add. They've spent all day trying to make something negative out of Trump's statements on the Forum and something positive about Hillary's, while Trump is already the declared victor of the Forum the Media is still "dissecting".

And lest we forget, Morning Joe with nothing more to do these days than look for a new target, chose Gary Johnson of the Libertarian Party and set him up with a question out of the blue about "what we should do with Aleppo" and Gary couldn't think what they were talking about. Most people don't know Aleppo, they know other cities in Syria, but not Aleppo. Anyway, it was their big gotcha moment and tried to tear him apart BECAUSE they think Gary draws more from Hillary than Trump so they were trying to eliminate him. I'm not sure Gary draws more from Hillary than Trump but that's what the Media believes.

SORRY MIKA!! None of your sleazy schemes will work. None of your foreign-inspired political plots will work here.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Julian Assange on Hannity reveals hillary knew quite well what "c" meant and used it herself over and over and over again on 22.000 emails - all jacked from one server. More interviews, video clips from hannity at link.

Why is the press not all over her "had separate server for classified" lie? She didn't know what classified emails looked like yet now she says all classified were on a different server - outlandish lie.

HANNITY: Assange has said that he has, quote, "significant documents" that would be damaging to Hillary Clinton's campaign.
    Here to join us and explain more, the man himself, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange. Julian, how are you, sir? Welcome to the program.
    ASSANGE: Good day, Sean. I'm well as can be expected for being detained for six-and-a-half years without charges.
    HANNITY: You know what? I understand -- you know, part of me in the beginning was conflicted about you, and I'll tell you why. I believe in privacy. I believe that people, especially when it comes to private e- mails, personal e-mails, et cetera and -- I think people have a right to that privacy.
    On the other hand, you have done a lot of good in what you have exposed about how corrupt, dishonest and phony our government is, and I applaud that. I think that's good that we know that.
    Do you understand people when they talk to you about the privacy issue?
    ASSANGE: I -- I do. And we have exposed a lot of governments, and WikiLeaks has -- you know, we specialize in bringing the First Amendment to the world. We're always very surprised that one of our biggest battles would be trying to bring it to the United States under an Obama administration.
    HANNITY: Yes, that's interesting you say that. Why do you say that that's a surprise to you?
    ASSANGE: Well, because if you see the rhetoric coming out of the Democrats, it's that they're pro-civil liberties, and an important part of civil liberties is respect for the First Amendment and the rule of law. And that has broken down under the Obama administration, and Hillary Clinton was part of that process.
    She has and the Obama administration has attempted to prosecute more journalists and journalistic sources under the Espionage Act, that same Espionage Act that she was being investigated under, than all previous presidencies combined.
    HANNITY: Yes.
    ASSANGE: Not just more than any one of them, more than all of them combined. So there's -- under Obama, an epidemic has developed of abusing national security laws to crack down on what is legitimate use of the First Amendment.
    HANNITY: You said to PBS that you have a significant amount of information. The information itself is significant pertaining to Hillary Clinton's campaign. You will be releasing it in several batches as you are finishing it from a journalistic standpoint. How many batches, as you describe them, do you think you'll be releasing, and how soon?
    ASSANGE: A tricky question, Sean.
    HANNITY: No, that's actually a pretty simple one. That's not tricky.
    ASSANGE: The first batch is reasonably soon. We're quite confident about it now. We might put out some teasers as -- I don't want to promise anything because you have to see how the formatting goes. But we might put out some teasers as early as the next week or the week after.
    HANNITY: Last question. It's not really hard to hack into these even secure systems, is it? I've talked to some real smart computer friends of mine. They say it's far more simple than anybody would ever know. Is that true?
    ASSANGE: It is. I just want to say one thing. In the FBI report released Friday, I agree with your analysis. It is very strange that that was released Friday afternoon on a labor weekend. I do think it draws questions to what sort of game the FBI is trying to play.
    But Hillary Clinton says that she can't remember what a ‘C’ in brackets stands for. Everyone in positions of government and in WikiLeaks knows it stands for classified, confidential. And in fact we have already released thousands of cables by Hillary Clinton -- here she is, Clinton -- see, that's her signature, Clinton with a ‘C’ in brackets right there.
    HANNITY: Wow.
    ASSANGE: Thousands where she, herself, has used a "c" in brackets and signed it off, and more than 22,000 times that she has received cables from others with this "c" in brackets. So it's absolutely incredible for Clinton to lie. She is lying about not knowing what that is. But it's a bit disturbing that James Comey goes along with that game.

HANNITY: Wow. Julian Assange, fascinating. I do hope you get free one day. I wish you the best. Thank you for being with us.
    ASSANGE: Thank you, Sean.

http://www.foxnews.com/transcript/20...sange-hillary/
    Last edited by artist; 09-09-2016 at 03:45 PM.