Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thank you Dixie I was beginning to think I was hearing things. Although I do hear strange eerie voices telling me to call senators from time to time. Wonder where they come from. Oh well Iunderstand St. Joan of Arc was directed by voices as well, so it can't be all that bad.
    You are the Grayrider, you would not make peace with the bluecoats, you may go in peace

Re: Cloture vote set for Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Grayrider
    Just heard on the radio that vote for cloture should happen on Friday. Also heard Chamblis and Isakson will vote NO. Source is Neil Boortz show talking to Jamie Dupree in D.C.
    No offense to Neil but I will believe a Chambliss vote of NO on cloture when I see it. I've been following all this since day one and Saxbe ain't one of "us," if you get my drift......

Neil didn't say it Jamie Dupree the D.C. correspondant said it. Chambliss and Isakson both voted no last time and their offices indicate they are ready to do it again.

CQ TODAY MIDDAY UPDATE
    June 20, 2007 – 1:19 p.m.

Georgia Republicans Johnny Isakson and Saxby Chambliss will vote against moving the Senate’s immigration overhaul measure forward, the senators said today.

“I think everybody did a noble effort to try to deal with the problem in a comprehensive way,â€
    You are the Grayrider, you would not make peace with the bluecoats, you may go in peace

Quote Originally Posted by Grayrider
    Neil didn't say it Jamie Dupree the D.C. correspondant said it. Chambliss and Isakson both voted no last time and their offices indicate they are ready to do it again.
    THAT IS THE BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD ALL DAY... Thanks, Grayrider....

I am now hearing on the news that Cloture should be voted on Tuesday.
    I can't confirm this yet but if it is true, this is very good news.

First, why the wait? I know that the energy bill isn't more important to them then the immigration bill, so why the stall?

Second, this gives us even more time to fight it, expose it and inform more people so they have time to fight too!

A stall spells weakness to me.

I've heard on both MSNBC and CNN that they'll take up the matter next week. Awhile ago, an MSNBC reporter said that since polls indicate that Americans have lost confidence in the government to properly legislate, those Senators who support the bill are inidcating this is all the more reason to act by passing a bill.

The Fix Is In.

"those Senators who support the bill are inidcating this is all the more reason to act by passing a bill. "

Yes, absolutely! If you go to Vegas and lose a hundred bucks on craps, and you think the dice are loaded, by all means bet the farm!

These guys are going to get slaughtered next election day, and the sad thing is that they won't even know why. They're out of touch.
    Lunarminer
    Thar's gold in that there moon!

<<riding through on a horse at full speed>>

Minutemen & Citizens to Arms! The Corporates are coming! The Corporates are coming! Assemble at your keyboards and phones! Take five minutes out of your life to save our country!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12