Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: CNN MOCKS MILLION VET MARCH AS TEA PARTY CRAZIES

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Vets v. Obama; Obama’s Distane for the Military

Posted on 14 October, 2013 by clyde

via CNS News
    By Rich Galen
    Anyone old enough to remember Viet Nam can remember how the country felt toward the man and women who were sent to Southeast Asia to prosecute that war.
    They were treated like [as this is a family column] garbage.
    We have discussed before how, in the National Guard during those days, it was suggested that we wear civilian clothes to and from drills.
    Of all the dumb things the federal government has done during this partial shut down was to have shut down national parks, and national monuments. Some of the national monuments that have been shut down are the memorials to war dead in Washington, DC.
    We have, within walking distance from one another, memorials to the Korean and Viet Nam wars and the World War II Memorial.
    These three are crucial because there are still men and women alive who fought in those wars. There are no living veterans of World War I.
    VE – Victory in Europe Day – was May 8, 1945; Japan signed the surrender documents ending the war in the Pacific on September 2, 1945.
    An American who might have sneaked into the service at, say, 15 years of age would be 83 today. We’re quickly running out of WWII veterans. In fact, the Veterans Administration says that these men and women are dying at the rate of 640 per day; so those that want to visit the memorial to their war are running out of time.
    There is a program known as “Honor Flights” that began in 2005 as a small program to fly some WWII vets to Washington to visit the World War II Memorial.
    The program has grown to the point that, according to HonorFlight.org this month there are flights scheduled for 25 out of the 31 available days.
    That’s why, when President Barack Obama shut down the war memorials – especially in Washington, DC and especially the WW II memorial, it struck such a chord both with those who have served under arms and those who, as Will Rogers once put it, have “stood on the curb and clapped as they’ve gone by.”
    I would love to say that Barack Obama didn’t know that part of the shutdown of national parks would involve these memorials. But I don’t think that’s true.
    Mr. Obama shut down White House tours when the Sequester began to demonstrate, in the most public possible manner, the effects of that activity. I am willing to be proved wrong, but I believe that the President knew full well the National Park Service would be shutting off access to America’s most sacred monuments along the National Mall.
    On October 1, the first day of the new fiscal year and the first day of the shutdown, ABC News reported: “A group of 92 Mississippi Gulf Coast Honor Flight Veterans refused to let a government shutdown stop them from entering the World War II memorial in Washington, D.C., this morning.”
    One vet was reported to have shouted at U.S. Park Policemen, “Normandy was closed when we got there, too.”
    Whether that’s true or apocryphal doesn’t really matter. It’s the way veterans today think.
    Since World War II we have veterans of many military actions. Most of them don’t have a memorial to their service nor to their comrades’ sacrifice.
    Yesterday veterans from around the country converged on Washington to force open the war memorials as well as such iconic sights as the Lincoln Memorial.
    The Park Police, just doing what they are instructed to do, largely allowed the demonstrators to move barricades and hold their events. Some people brought Confederate flags which, at best, is antithetical to the effort, but they didn’t ask my advice.
    Also antithetical was the omnipresence of Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), whose demands that Republicans in the House and Senate tie funding the government to de-funding ObamaCare is largely responsible for this mess, but he didn’t ask my advice, either.
    The broader point, though, is that American veterans of military service were not jeered and were not subject to the shouts and taunts of angry mobs.
    They made their point: President Obama shutting down national monuments is as foolish as Sen. Cruz demanding the GOP shutdown ObamaCare.
    Members of the House and Senate are often foolish. We expect better of our President.
    This past weekend I was inducted into the Alumni Hall of Honor at my alma mater, Marietta College, Marietta, Ohio 45750. It meant a great deal to me especially as I had been thrown out after three semesters, but came back to get my degree.
    Here is a link to my brief remarks on Saturday morning.
    On the Secret Decoder Ring page today: Links to VE and VJ day, to the Honor Flight webpage, and to coverage of this weekend’s veterans’ march on Washington. The Mullfoto is of the outside temperature gauge of my car on Friday morning. A harbinger of things to come.

http://gopthedailydose.com/2013/10/1...tane-military/

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Engineered Opposition Operative Celebrates WWII Memorial Closure

Denigrates veterans as Confederate flag waving Tea Party nuts.

Kurt Nimmo
    Infowars.com
    October 14, 2013

Markos Alberto Moulitsas was a CIA intern and said the spook agency is “a very liberal institution.”

Markos Alberto Moulitsas Zúñiga, the head honcho at the Daily Kos and a documented CIA flunky (see my Daily Kos: CIA Engineered Controlled Opposition?), has posted a celebration of the government’s closure of the World War II Memorial.Markos, posting under the nom de guerre “Kos,” characterizes WWII vets and other veterans as “several hundred confederate flag waving and impeachment-sign carrying nuts” who did not deserve news coverage by the corporate media “because, really, who gives a shit about a bunch of Tea Party cranks? The Tea Party’s approval ratings are in the toilet. No one outside the fringe likes them anymore.”
    The gist of Zúñiga’s tirade is that there were not a million World War II vets at the demonstration over the weekend. “There are more Republicans in Congress than attended this protest. If they had attended this protest, their numbers would’ve swelled to 433 which, while not quite a million, would at least have gotten them a little bit closer,” he writes.

Even the corporate media, however, agrees thousands of veterans attended the rally, removed “barrycades” surrounding the memorial on Sunday, and earlier marched on the White House demanding the national monument be reopened after it was closed, allegedly as a result of a government shutdown that closed national parks but allowed a leviathan federal bureaucracy and its war and welfare machinery to operate without interruption.

CNN joined the CIA op Zúñiga in trashing the vets. The propaganda outfit, known for itscollaboration with the Army’s Fourth Psychological Operations Group based at Fort Bragg, in North Carolina, equated the vets with the establishment Republican co-opted Tea Party. On Sunday, CNN said the event “drew far fewer than a million people and evolved into a protest that resembled familiar tea party events from 2009, with yellow ‘Don’t Tread On Me’ flags throughout the crowd and strong anti-Obama language from the podium and the audience.”

CNN, sticking to the government script that equates all opposition to Obama with racism, reported: “Anti-Obama sentiments echoed throughout the crowd Sunday, with one protester yelling out ‘punk’ to describe the president and one speaker saying Obama is not the president of ‘the’ people but ‘his’ people,” or black Americans.

And while CNN and the op Zúñiga made light of the protest and worked to underplay its obvious significance, the establishment responded by dispatching a phalanx of cops, as actor James Woods noted on Sunday:

This article was posted: Monday, October 14, 2013 at 12:18 pm

Tags: domestic news

Related Articles

http://www.infowars.com/engineered-o...orial-closure/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Open Letter To CNN

Dear CNN,

The Million Vet March on the World War II Memorial was among the largest, most compelling, inspiring and inventive acts of civil disobedience in American history…and you knew it and blew it.

You knew it because your reporter Shannon Travis, a very cordial gentleman who was wearing a stylish purple tie was present at the rally. He told Special Operations Speaks before an interview that he loved the passion of the rally. Mr. Travis undoubtedly observed the make up of the attendees of the crowd as 80-90% veterans and 10-20% veteran supporters.

In your feeble and failed attempt to mute the national enthusiasm for the Vet March you reported the event as a “tea party like rally”.

Not speaking for all veterans, Special Operations Speaks embraces and admires the Tea Party’s support for our nations veterans and points out that not one occupy, amnesty, union, Democratic or liberal organization showed up to stand with the Vets…just the tea party.

If your editors must label this group, we insist that you label us “Vet Marchers”.

Labeling the Million Vet March as “tea party like rally” because some tea partiers showed up with “yellow Don't Tread On Me flags” [btw, someone really ought to inform your writer that they are called Gadsden flags; look it up] doesn’t mean it was a “tea party like rally”.

If one follows that logic, one might state that because some of CNN's executives, editors and reporters lean so far to the left, that CNN is a ‘Communist-like News Network’. That would not be a fair assessment, would it?

Special Operations Speaks does not mind the ridicule from your network and other left leaning news organizations. We have grown quite accustomed to it and find it amusing. We simply ask that if you ridicule us, you get our name right.

Please in the future call us Vet Marchers or next time we remove the barricades from the war memorials we might bring them to your doorstep.
    http://specialoperationsspeaks.com/a....vzkM9ZEf.gbpl

SHAMEFUL: DC Sends Out Riot Police Against 85 Year Old Veterans March

OCTOBER 13, 2013 6:29 PM 0 COMMENTS VIEWS: 23308

As 85 year old WWII veterans stormed Washington DC to take back access to their monuments commemorating their sacrifices in the war, the DC police force sent out riot patrols to defend the monuments. Mind you, we have to tolerate this nonsense as a nation because Obama has chosen to shut down the government rather than negotiate with Republicans on the budget on any level.
    It seems like President Obama, instead of bringing our nation together as he claimed he would do in campaigning for office, has chosen to make life as miserable as possible during this government shutdown. It is funny how there does not seem to be money to keep our national parks and monuments open, but there is plenty of money to set up barricades, hire patrols to make sure no one violates those park closed barriers and then send out DC riot police to defend the monuments, that obviously don't need to be defended from veterans in wheelchairs.
    Plenty of people are awakening to the strong arm tactics of the Obama administration during this shutdown including actor James Woods who has come out on his Twitter feed and opposed Obama with Tweets such as, "This President is a true abomination. To have barricaded the WW2 vets, but allow illegal aliens privilege" and his latest Tweet on the DC riot police going against WWII veterans, "Thank God we have baton wielding riot police to protect us from 85 yr old vets in wheelchairs. Thanks, Mr. Obama."
    Let's just look at some pictures to see how threatening the Veterans March on Washington was and the police response:
    Veterans in wheelchairs:
    Another threatening WWII veteran
    An apparently threatening family at the DC Veterans march:
    Over the top police response:
    Oh look, DC police need the riot vehicles as well:

Related Posts For You:

http://www.isthatbaloney.com/shamefu...eterans-march/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12