Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CO-Romer gets instate support from Catholics

Dear Friend,

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I understand there are passionate arguments for and against this bill but I think the article below by the Archbishop of Denver highlights a key point: this is about the future of children who are here through no fault of their own. Its important that we remember this human element and the 400 kids estimated to be annually effected by SB09-170. Allowing them reasonable access to higher education makes sense for these students and for Colorado.

Tuition Equity: A Just Means To Help Build Colorado’s Future

by Archbishop Charles J. Chaput

Immigration is one of those issues guaranteed to create hot feelings no matter how you argue it. On the one hand, we’re a nation founded by immigrants. Historically, we depended on immigrants to grow. Nearly all of us have family lines that started in some other country. Openness to immigrants is part of our national identity.

But it’s also true, as Irish, Italian and other Catholic Americans know very well, that dislike of immigrants also belongs to our history. We welcome immigrant labor because we need it. We often don’t welcome the human complications that come along with the people who do the work. This resentment of newcomers gets worse during economic hard times, and it’s made worse by today’s understandable concerns for domestic security.

Good people can disagree on the details of immigration policy-in other words, how best to balance justice for immigrant workers with our public safety and the solvency of our institutions. But we can’t ignore the “human complicationsâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

An American K-12 education is excellent training for the countries that they need to be sent back to. Hundreds of thousands of Americans have at only a slightly higher age moved to countries they have no experience or relatives in either as missionaries with their church organizations or as members of the Peace Corps. In this case the illegal alien students graduating here have roots, a moral obligation to leave and a moral obligation and most still have relatives in the countries that they left.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The church has no right to be involved in politics, period. This is all about money to them, nothing more.

ELE

Illegals are not immigrants...same tired lie.

The church leader lost me in the first sentence of his letter when he said we are a nation of immigrants. He is echoing more of the same, religious politics involving the manipulative integration of concepts. I am a first generation American citizen and it ticks me off when I know how hard my family and other legal immigrant families worked to become law abiding, contributing American citizens that genuinely love and respect America. So to be compared to law breaking, parasites that come here to take (not give) anything to America is beyond insulting.

The illegals made the bad decision to either bring and/or bare their children in our country in violation of our laws, and as such, the illegals as well as their country of origin are responsible for their children’s well-being not the American tax payers.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Of course the Catholics support this since most illegals are Catholics, they are practicing religious racism.

Ele My distant grandparents came over on the Mayflower voyage, and other distant grandparents came from native indian tribes. I think the sickness and fear for our United States runs into every fiber of my being.

And I know about the love and cost you and yours have paid to claim our United States as yours. I appreciate you so much for loving America so much.

Some days I think how can a true American Citizen give up the best country in the world. Our Country must be cared for and appreciated.

And our American Citizens feel as unloved as the undocumented immigrants feel unwanted when deported. There must be happiness being an American Citizen.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    US citizens who pay out of state need to sue if undocumented parents and students are given in-state tuition.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

And then there is the grade point average in Senior Year of High School.
    If a grade point average is greater for one students doesn't mean the higher grade point is college bound or even taking harder courses. US Citizens have been cheated out of College due to dumbies in an unfair system of grade point averages permitting non college bound students (undocumented immigrants) to have a better grade point average somehow.

All the schools grade point averages are put together, so someone taking a college level courses compared to lower level 12th grade courses will probably be under so much more pressure and the grade points can end up being the same, but if the lower level 12th grade courses loaded person can get that little sweet advantage it does knock that more prepared college bound American child/citizen out by not being in the top 5%, 10% or even 20% of the graduation class. So the America Child/Citizen does not get into preferred college or scholarships for their hard work!

LUMPING ALL GRADE POINT AVERAGES TOGETHER IS NOT WISE! and I am about 99.9% sure the school system are lumping illegal immgrants grades, non-college bound, and the very bright student all together into one combined grade point average group.

Who is most likely to lose above? and Who definitely has the most to gain?

It is a game with our heads to dumb us down. John Lennon wrote a song about "20 years of schooling" to dumb children down.

ELE

They are practicing religious racism.

Superb comment, E_pluribus_unum, may I quote you on the term? "religious racism"? It is so true!

ELE

We are Americans...........united we stand!

vmonkey, your comment gave me such a lift. It was very sweet and encouraging, what a rich and wonderful family history you have, etc. It seems that while Americans may have different back rounds and personal history, we are alike, in that we all love this country. And that similarity will inspire us to support one another, hand in hand, Americans can get the political corruption and Amnesty dealers to go pound sand in some other country.

We must unite for the common good of our precious America!

Thanks again for your kind words vmonkey!

Re: They are practicing religious racism.

Quote Originally Posted by ELE
    Superb comment, E_pluribus_unum, may I quote you on the term? "religious racism"? It is so true!
    Sure, go ahead.

April
    PLEASE HELP ON THESE IMPORTANT 3!!!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-878412.html#878412