Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Colorado ACLU Board Member: Shoot Trump Voters ‘Before Election Day’

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Colorado ACLU Board Member: Shoot Trump Voters ‘Before Election Day’

DEREK HUNTER
    Contributor
    6:08 PM 12/10/2015

Loring Wirbel, board member of the American Civil Liberties Union’s Colorado chapter and co-chair of the ACLU’s Colorado Springs chapter, called for supporters of GOP presidential hopeful Donald Trump to be shot before they vote for the billionaire businessman.

Comparing Trump to Nazi propagandist Joseph Goebbels, Wirbel wrote in his Facebook page:

The thing is, we have to really reach out to those who might consider voting for Trump and say, “This is Goebbels. This is the final solution. If you are voting for him I will have to shoot you before election day.” They’re not going to listen to reason, so when justice is gone, there’s always force, as Laurie would say.

Screen capture from Facebook

When confronted by commenters who questioned comparing someone running for office to one of Hitler’s henchmen, Wirbel was unambiguous. One commenter implored him, “Let’s not stoop to Trump tactics to combat Trump. Let’s defeat him with reason and data.” Wirbel would have none of it.

The ACLU board member replied with a swipe at a larger percentage of the Republican Party and the American people.

“But see, most people don’t even know what reason is. They don’t use anything other than the lower brain,” Wirbel wrote, “and would no more make decisions based on logical conclusions than choose milk based on a theme song. The base of the Republican Party is unfamiliar with a cortex.”

When confronted for offering “extreme fear-mongering,” Wirbel didn’t back down. “I think Cruz is just as dangerous, but I don’t think likening Trump to Nazism is fear-mongering at all,” he replied.

Later, Wirbel called Trump a “hate-speech felon who should be in prison.” Though when asked how someone could be imprisoned for their words, he backed off, saying, “There was a little droll intended in that — the European leaders (even Cameron) want their own speech laws applied.”

In a letter to the editor of the Colorado Springs Gazette on December 7, Wirbel wrote on the topic of free speech. “First, attempts to prevent offensive speech operate far beyond the restrictions on hate speech and threatening speech — speech that is not protected by the First Amendment,” he wrote.

Wirbel did, in that letter, criticize the concept of “safe spaces” on college campuses, writing:

A second related issue is that of “safe spaces.” The well-intentioned efforts to create spaces where LGBT students or those from racial or faith minorities can feel safe, often degenerate into campaigns that wreak havoc on the First Amendment. They also do not prepare students for the real world. There are no safe spaces once a student leaves the academic world, and this effort may leave them ill-prepared for the type of invective they will encounter on a daily basis.

Ironically, one of his most recent Facebook posts was about an app that allows you to identify and “unfriend” friends who support Donald Trump, creating a “safe space.”

Screen Capture from Facebook

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/12/10/co...#ixzz3tyk3Kq5T

More On Wirbel

Loring Wirbel

Colorado Springs, Colorado AreaPublishing
    500+connections

Join LinkedIn and access Loring’s full profile. It’s free!

As a LinkedIn member, you’ll join 400 million other professionals who are sharing connections, ideas, and opportunities.

• See who you know in common
    • Get introduced
    • Contact Loring directly

View Loring's Full Profile

Publications

Languages

• Spanish

• Russian

Skills

Volunteer Experience & Causes

• Chapter Chair

ACLU

February 2005 – Present (10 years 11 months)Human Rights
    • Board Chair, Board Member, Writer

Pikes Peak Justice and Peace Commission

March 1992 – Present (23 years 10 months)Politics

https://www.linkedin.com/in/loring-wirbel-951137

He's a crazy person. The ACLU is really running on the edge of criminality by having someone like this on their Board. I certainly hope he is off the Board by noon tomorrow. I would normally have more to say, but I'm truly just speechless that someone like this serves on a Board of the ACLU in Colorado or anywhere for that matter. No wonder the ACLU has run so far awry of its original purpose.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

ACLU leader resigns after post about shooting Trump supporters

Published December 13, 2015 FoxNews.com

An ACLU leader has resigned after posting on Facebook that supporters of leading Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump be shot before Election Day, according to multiple news sources.

The post by Loring Wirbel, co-chairman of the Colorado Springs, Colo., chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union also made a reference to Nazism.

“We have to really reach out to those who might consider voting for Trump and say, ‘This is (Nazi propaganda minister Joseph) Goebbels. This is the final solution. If you are voting for him, I will have to shoot you before Election Day,' " Wirbel wrote Monday.

He resigned Thursday but told a local newspaper that his post was intended “totally as a joke.” Wirbel also suggested the post was taken out of context, which he called “smear politics,” while acknowledging that the post could be viewed as offensive.

The post was removed but reposted by Daniel Cole, executive director of the El Paso County Republican Party, resulting in Wirbel resigning as a volunteer chapter representative, according to The New York Daily News.

“It’s a new take on voter outreach: shoot them,” Cole wrote in his Facebook post that accompanied Wirbel’s post.

He also reportedly said Wirbel’s post was “beyond” unacceptable, considering the recent mass shooting at the Colorado Springs-area Planned Parenthood center.

The ACLU reportedly condemned Wirbel’s post and made clear that social media posts on members’ personal accounts don’t represent those of the civil rights organization.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...upporters.html
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican View Post

OMG! If I'd (white southern male) had said, "Shoot anyone voting for Obama" I would have been arrested for a hate crime. And be prosecuted by the ACLU. Even if I did nothing other than exercise my right to freedom of speech!

Or is this an outright declaration of war? Because then, I must admit that I agree with, "when justice is gone, there's always force." Bring it! If history of the world has taught me anything, my people will win. Regardless of the numbers.

Make no mistake readers. Many Mexicans have declared war on whites and blacks alike. I am in construction and have been threatened to my face, more than once, that they are here and are going to take "their" land back.

-Stop the invasion with mass deportation!
    (otherwise there will be a war to enforce justice. U.S. law!)

Thanks for posting the follow up Judy. I'm so happy he resigned. I truly hope that justice can be restored legally and without violence.

Trump is the ultimate solution for that.