Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Columbus Day Versus Birthday of Cesar Chavez

John W. Lillpop

Racism is an insidious monster, regardless of it's origin or target.

It is important to note that this monster can be manifested in unwarranted "pro" sentiments that are just as toxic as "anti" feelings. In either case, the objective is to elevate one's race above others based solely on race.

Example: Take Blanca Alvarado (please!). This Santa Clara County Supervisor once thought it made perfect sense to abandon Columbus Day just to make room for the birthday of Cesar Chavez!

Talk about blatant racism! Clearly, this proposal was based on Alvarado's Hispanic racism and her desire to supplant an all-American holiday with a day that would elevate a fellow Hispanic.

Alvarado's assault on Italians and American history was apparently inspired by a comment from fellow nit wit supe Liz Kniss who said, "On this particular coast, it (Columbus Day) doesn't seem to have great relevance."

Metroactive: http://www.metroactive.com/papers/metro ... -0303.html

With all due respect to Alvarado and Kniss, the birthday of Cesar Chavez is irrelevant to most people, excepting those who are able to milk the day for some undeserved, but paid, time off.

In any event, the second Monday in October is still celebrated as Columbus Day in most of America. The post office, banks, and other government offices are mostly closed to honor Christopher Columbus for his wonderful discovery.

For those Hispanics like Blanca Alvarado who feel disenfranchised by Columbus Day, there is some good news.

Most vineyards are OPEN on the second Monday in October, and the grapes are ripe for picking or stomping, depending on one's progress in anger management!

If you want to start changing holidays go try it in Mexico and see how far you get, but leave ours alone!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    If you want to start changing holidays go try it in Mexico and see how far you get, but leave ours alone!!
    I just found out this year that Labor Day no longer salutes American workers, it honors undocumented laborers, that is why it is not called "Workers Day". This breaking news was given to me by numerous Hispanic people in varying public places that I went on that day.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    I just found out this year that Labor Day no longer salutes American workers, it honors undocumented laborers, that is why it is not called "Workers Day". This breaking news was given to me by numerous Hispanic people in varying public places that I went on that day.

WHAT!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

And just how drunk were these folks

Here in our area, though, we were just as insulted and offended by proclamations that Mexicans don't celebrate Labor Day because it's a holiday which is demanded by "lazy American workers" and since Mexicans aren't lazy why would they celebrate such a thing?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WHAT!!
    I guess you have to live here. It was mentioned to me at a couple of places I went to on that day, the grocery store, gas station, and was posted on the outside of a Mexican restaurant's window that I passes by in a strip mall. It said something to the affect of "we are closed to day in honor of all of our hard working men and women in the fields"

It was the clerk at the grocery store (Safeway) that made the comment about "workers day". I haven't been back since.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just imagine when they find out about the "Breeders Cup" and how they will commandeer that.

In all seriousness when will the bastardization of our American heritage,holidays and traditions stop?How come no other group feels the need to desecrate this countries traditions and holidays-I don't see any other group of immigrants,legal or illegal,doing this sort of thing,Why?Could it be they are thankful for the opportunities afforded them here or that they are just thankful for an extra day off to enjoy their families.
    End of rant.

Head 'em up,move 'em out Rawhide!