Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Comcast Cable Eddie Garcia Denying Access to Senate Hearings

In my cable bill this month, Comcast Cable has stated the following, "Effective September 26th C-SPAN2 will be moved to channel 109 and moved to the Digital Starter Package."

For those who don't know, C-SPAN2 covers the Senate hearings while C-SPAN covers the House of Representative hearings. Comcast Cable has unilaterally decided that the population of people who can only afford their Basic or Expanded Basic Cable package are no longer deserving of access to their Senate. Denial of access is largely to poor and working class Americans/subscribers.

Is Eddie Garcia of Comcast Cable who was recently named one of the San Francisco's Bay Area's Influential and Inspirational Latino Leaders by the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and the San Francisco Business Journal cutting off access to the Senate hearings to the largest portion of their English-speaking subscribers to aid Hispanic illegal aliens? Is the coverage of the Senate hearings helping to derail legislation intended to benefit illegal aliens? I think so. One can only wonder what political agenda is being served here.

If anyone knows about the FCC regulations regarding public access to government hearings (C-SPAN and C-SPAN2), please post information and links. I intend to pursue a class-action lawsuit forcing Comcast Cable to place C-SPAN and C-SPAN2 on all cable packages.

Re: Comcast Cable Eddie Garcia Denying Access to Senate Hear

Quote Originally Posted by Jrdn
    Is Eddie Garcia of Comcast Cable who was recently named one of the San Francisco's Bay Area's Influential and Inspirational Latino Leaders by the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and the San Francisco Business Journal cutting off access to the Senate hearings to the largest portion of their English-speaking subscribers to aid Hispanic illegal aliens? Is the coverage of the Senate hearings helping to derail legislation intended to benefit illegal aliens? I think so. One can only wonder what political agenda is being served here.
    I believe that is true. Thank goodness I have the digital package and I will still have access to those channels. This is totally unfair. Why not do away with the spanish channels instead? They can't be making any money off of them.
    You can always access cspan here: http://www.c-span.org/watch/
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quick get rid of them and get DirecTV.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)