Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Conf call w/WH & ED Sec re. DREAM Nov. 29 2:00 EST

http://www.acenet.edu/AM/Template.cfm?S ... NTID=39088

White House, ED to Host DREAM Act Conference Call
    Nov. 23, 2010

Department of Education Sec. Arne Duncan and Director of the White House Office of Intergovernmental Affairs Cecilia Munoz will host a conference call on Monday, Nov. 29, from 2:00-2:45 p.m. EST to discuss prospects for passage of the Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors (DREAM) Act.

There currently are several iterations of the DREAM Act pending in Congress. The most expansive version would return to the states the ability to decide whether to extend in-state tuition to undocumented students and establish a six-year conditional permanent residency status for students who meet certain requirements, such as:

having been brought to the United States before the age of 16,
    living in the United States at least five years as of the enactment date, and
    graduating from a U.S. high school or obtaining a GED credential.
    DREAM-eligible individuals may qualify for permanent residency after six years by completing at least two years of higher education or military service. However, recently introduced versions of the measure would strip out the in-state tuition provision.

Members of the higher education community are invited to join the call using the following dial-in information:

United States: (800) 230-1059
    International: (800) 288-8967

Won't miss this one!
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you LawEnforcer.

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Secretary of Education Arne Duncan to Hold Call on DREAM Act

Related:

Secretary of Education Arne Duncan to Hold Call on DREAM Act

Office of Media Affairs, The White House

Event Date 1: November 18, 2010 02:20 pm

Washington — Today, Thursday, November 18, 2010 at 2:20 pm ET, Secretary of Education Arne Duncan will hold a press conference call on the Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors Act (DREAM Act), which will play an important part in the Administration's efforts to have the highest proportion of college graduates in the world by 2020, making America more competitive in the global economy. Senator Reid has announced he will bring the DREAM Act for a vote as a stand-alone bill before the Congress concludes its work this year.

Event 1
    Who : Secretary of Education Arne Duncan
    What : On the record call on the DREAM Act
    When : TODAY, November 18, at 2:20 pm ET
    Where : (800) 288-8968 - Participants should ask to be connected to the "Secretary Duncan Call."

http://www.ed.gov/news/media-advisories ... -dream-act
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    I'd rather spend the time calling a staffer then listen to his tripe

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    Me too, but in order to defeit the opposition we must gather information on their tactics and strategies.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LawEnforcer
    Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    Me too, but in order to defeit the opposition we must gather information on their tactics and strategies.
    That is correct , I'm someone will report on this

I can't do this one ,

bttt

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.