Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Cong. Tancredo wins internet poll

I have provided a link to the blog story about his victory and have cut and pasted the story.

http://2008politicalperspective.blogspo ... sults.html

Monday, August 08, 2005
    Poll Results

JR:
    Here are the final poll results for the 2008 Presidential Preference Poll. I am going to give you the Top 10 in each party and spotlight the disappointing results for some candidates. Candidates who have not expressed interest in running and finished with very low vote totals will probably not be included in the next poll. I will mention who I will probably eliminate...

The Democrats:

1. Former Gen. Wesley Clark-AR (14%)
    2. Gov. Mark Warner-VA (9%)
    3. Sen. Evan Bayh-IN (8.5%)
    4. Sen. Hillary Clinton-NY (7.6%)
    5. Sen. Russ Feingold-WI (7.3%)
    6. Fmr. Vice President Al Gore-TN (6.4%)
    7. Fmr. Sen. John Edwards-NC (6.2%)
    8. Sen. Joe Biden-DE (6%)
    9. Gov. Bill Richardson-NM (4.9%)
    10. Sen. Barbara Boxer-CA (4.3%)

Disappointments:
    John Kerry (less than 4%)-will still, obviously, be on the next poll.
    Moderates like Sens. Bill Nelson-FL, Blanche Lincoln-AR, and Gov. Phil Bredeson-TN did poorly but they are not well known. Bill Nelson and Blanche Lincoln will probably not be on the next poll. Bredeson will because he is still being mentioned as a candidate. Sen Dick Durbin's chances at the Presidency are as slim as his apparent interest (which is non-existent) so he will not be included in the next poll. Sen. Chris Dodd-CT will be on the next poll because he is mentioned as a possible candidate but he didn't do much better than Durbin. Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid-NV will not be on the next poll either.
    Finally, Russ Feingold was neck and neck with Warner and Bayh until news of his divorce which seemed to depress his vote a bit. Still, he had a strong finish.

Surprises:
    Feingold was a surprise, and I did not think that Clark had such a web presence. One day he was languishing in the middle of the pack, the next day, he just took off.

The Republicans:

1. Rep. Tom Tancredo-CO (19.7%)
    2. Gov. Mike Huckabee-AR (19.3%)
    3. Sen. John McCain-AZ (8.2%)
    4. Fmr. NYC Mayor Rudy Giuliani-NY (6.2%)
    5. Sec. of State Condoleeza Rice-CA (5.8%)
    6. Sen. George Allen-VA (5.5%)
    7. Gov. Mitt Romney-MA (3.6%)
    8. Fmr. Speaker Newt Gingrich-GA (3.2%)
    9. Sen. Rick Santorum-PA (3.1%)
    10. Sen. Sam Brownback-KS (3%)
    tie Sen. Chuck Hagel-NE

Disappointments:
    It was harder to pick out in the GOP because, after the first 2 candidates there was a BIG dropoff and after George Allen at 6, there was another drop down into the 3% level. Eliminations for next time: Sen. Judd Gregg-NH, barely registered votes, Gov. Bill Owens-CO, has disclaimed interest and didn't do well, and Gov. Jeb Bush-FL who IS out of the running and didn't finish in the top 10 because of it. I am going to have to consider Gov. Bob Ehrlich-MD, who must win re-election before he does anything else, and Govs. Mark Sanford-SC and Tim Pawlenty-MN who are not far enough along to make a decision yet (they are both nearing the end of their first term). 2006 will straighten a lot of this out.

Surprises:
    Well, obviously, I didn't expect Tom Tancredo to do nearly as well. I am not surprised by Huckabee's support because his web supporters are very active. I do think that Tancredo's win (by 10 votes over Huckabee) shows that immigration is an issue that is playing well with hardcore GOP voters.

Analysis:
    This poll is meaningless, of course, because it is unscientific and could be voted more than once. The next poll will trim the fat and I may only allow a vote for one candidate, even though it was fun to vote for more than one. I think it is interesting to see which candidates have the strongest web presence and search out these kind of unofficial polls though...
    Look for a similar but new poll to return at the end of this year or maybe in the late fall.

posted by Justin Ready @ 11:31 AM

0 Comments:

GO TOM!!

Keep the polls coming because WE LOVE TO VOTE!!

In fact, I just can't VOTE ENOUGH!!

VOTE VOTE VOTE!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn