Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Oppose Imminent Patriot Act Extension

With more and more Americans newly awakened to the dangers of the Patriot Act, particularly the loss of civil liberties once secured by the Fourth Amendment, a vote on extending the measures of the Act for another four years is predicted to be the closest ever in Congress. The Senate is set to take action on S. 1038 this very afternoon at 5 PM ET. Senate Majority leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) is calling for a cloture vote to end debate. A 60 vote majority is needed to do so, but then only a simple majority of 51 is needed to pass the bill, which could come either today, or within a day or two, before the May 27 provisions' sunset deadline. If passed in the Senate, this deadline date would force action in the House before May 27 as well.

All three of the most objectionable measures to patriots and constitutionalists are included in S. 1038; the “lone wolf’ provision that permits government surveillance of individuals for no reason; the “library recordsâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

working4change
    The Senate is set to take action on S. 1038 this very afternoon at 5 PM ET. Senate Majority leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) is calling for a cloture vote to end debate. A 60 vote majority is needed to do so, but then only a simple majority of 51 is needed to pass the bill, which could come either today, or within a day or two, before the May 27 provisions' sunset deadline. If passed in the Senate, this deadline date would force action in the House before May 27 as well.
    Still time to make some calls to your senators.

Whoops! I "looked before I leaped" I was thinking about the serveilance thing but not about a gun control thing...yeah, I decided I better call my senators. Sorry!

Hey, you notice it's Harry Reid leading this, the same guy who keeps pushing amnesty....figures...he wants a mass invasion of people who hate our guts, then wants to take away the right and ability to defend ourselves should "la raza" attack us...he's a real piece of work, isn't he??

Banned

Live on c-span now

Feinstein just stated "radicalized AMERICAN CITIZENS" are one of the reasons that this bill has to pass

Banned

Re: Live on c-span now

Quote Originally Posted by topsecret10
    Feinstein just stated "radicalized AMERICAN CITIZENS" are one of the reasons that this bill has to pass

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12