Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Congressman apologizes after compromising video posted

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Congressman apologizes after compromising video posted

Congressman apologizes after compromising video posted

WASHINGTON Mon Apr 7, 2014 8:06 pm EDT

(Reuters) - A married Republican U.S. representative apologized on Monday after a Louisiana newspaper posted a surveillance video showing a man it identified as the congressman kissing a woman from his office staff.

"There's no doubt I've fallen short and I'm asking for forgiveness," Representative Vance McAllister said in a statement issued by his office. "I'm asking for forgiveness from God, my wife, my kids, my staff, and my constituents who elected me to serve."

Vance, who took office last November in a special election that he won partly by touting his Christian values, made the statement after the Ouachita Citizen in West Monroe, Louisiana, posted the video on its website.

It shows a man the paper identified as Vance walking into the frame and turning out the lights in front of an office doorway. The camera shifts into a grainy, low-light mode before a woman enters the frame. The two embrace and kiss passionately for about 30 seconds before leaving together, picked up by other security cameras in the building.

The paper said the woman was a married member of McAllister's staff.

The Citizen said it obtained the video, which appears to be captured by a hand-held camera pointed at a multi-frame security system monitor, from an anonymous source. It said the incident occurred on December 23, 2013, inside McAllister's district congressional office in Monroe, Louisiana.

McAllister, 40, has been married for 16 years to his wife, Kelly, and has five children. The U.S. Army veteran, who has business interests in oil, gas, pipelines and Subway sandwich shops, was a newcomer to politics when he ran to fill a congressional seat vacated last year.

After coming to Washington, he was best known for inviting Willie Robertson, the star of the hit cable TV series "Duck Dynasty" to be his guest at January's State of the Union address
    by President Barack Obama. Robertson, who heads the Duck Commander duck-call business, had appeared in a campaign ad for McAllister.

McAllister's statement did not address the video directly, but he apologized for his actions.

"Trust is something I know has to be earned whether you're a husband, a father, or a congressman," McAllister said in his statement.

"I promise to do everything I can to earn back the trust of everyone I've disappointed."

"From day one, I've always tried to be an honest man. I ran for Congress to make a difference and not to just be another politician. I don't want to make a political statement on this, I would just simply like to say that I'm very sorry for what I've done."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A3700G20140408

Last edited by JohnDoe2; 04-08-2014 at 02:55 PM.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What I noticed.....not a (D) or (R) after his name.....If it was an (R)...it would be plasted SEVERAL times....
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by grandmasmad View Post
    What I noticed.....not a (D) or (R) after his name.....If it was an (R)...it would be plasted SEVERAL times....
    First paragraph: A married Republican U.S. representative apologized on Monday after a Louisiana newspaper posted a surveillance video showing a man it identified as the congressman kissing a woman from his office staff.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

April 7th, 2014
    12:41 PM ET

Calver Chapel Megachurch pastor resigns, citing 'moral failing'

Fort Lauderdale, Florida (WPLG Miami) The senior pastor of Calvary Chapel Fort Lauderdale has resigned after confessing to cheating on his wife, according to WPLG Miami.

Pastor Bob Coy, 58, reportedly confessed a "moral failing which disqualifies him from continuing his leadership role at the church" to Calvary leaders on Wednesday. A board meeting was called the next day, when he resigned.

Coy, who has led the church since its founding in 1985, said he will now focus his full attention on his personal relationship with God and his family. The radio, television and digital media that distributes Coy's teachings have also been suspended.

"The governing board of the church is providing counselors and ministers who will help guide him through the process of full repentance, cleansing and restoration," Calvary Chapel said in a statement.

Calvary is one of the largest churches in Florida, with some 20,000 members who worship in 10 locations across the state.

"Trusting in God's providence, protection, provision and direction, the staff of Calvary Chapel Fort Lauderdale will continue our mission to 'make disciples' through regular services at all campuses and through myriad other ministries the church has established over the years," the statement said.

At an open service at the church Sunday, a letter was read to the congregation from Coy and the board.

Assistant pastors who are on staff will continue their usual rotating schedule as teaching pastors for all services, the statement said.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2014/0...ing/?hpt=hp_t2

NO AMNESTY

This is how liberals will use the George Orwell surveillance society technologies to enslave all of America. While I am not defending the actions of the adulterer, I'm just pointing out that all people are sinners but in 2014 the god is an electronic one mostly controlled by the state, large corporations, and people that wish to gain profit and power from those controls.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The video arrived at the newspaper in a brown envelope from an anonymous source. I have a feeling that this is about the Robertsons also. As I watched the video, it became obvious to me that this was not a cell phone video that "just happened" to catch this. It looks like it was a mounted surveillance video.

Who was bugging the Congressman's office?

U.S. Rep. Vance McAllister admits to infidelity

Congressman elected with ‘Duck Dynasty’ blessing caught on video, asks for forgiveness
    Capitol news bureau
    April 08, 2014

After being caught on videotape, U.S. Rep. Vance McAllister, who ran as a devoted family man and Christian, asked forgiveness from his family and constituents Monday for kissing an aide a month after being sworn into Congress.

To stand out from a crowded field last fall, McAllister, R-Swartz, used commercials asking voters to pray for him, promised to bring family values to Congress and relied on the stars of “Duck Dynasty,” the popular reality program that famously ends each episode in prayer.

The first-time candidate upset the state GOP establishment by swamping the odds-on favorite, a legislative floor leader for Gov. Bobby Jindal whose campaign was run by the governor’s chief political adviser.

A week later, McAllister took his first trip to Washington, D.C., and took the oath on Nov. 21 to replace Rodney Alexander as the congressman representing the state’s largest congressional district, stretching from Monroe to Alexandria and across the Florida parishes to Bogalusa.

A video acquired by The Ouachita Citizen newspaper and released Monday showed McAllister on Dec. 23 embracing and giving an aide — the wife of a longtime friend — a lingering kiss in the dark of his Monroe district office.

McAllister did not answer his phone Monday, and his office did not answer its phones in Washington, D.C., and Monroe.

In a prepared statement released late Monday, McAllister said: “There’s no doubt I’ve fallen short and I’m asking for forgiveness. I’m asking for forgiveness from God, my wife, my kids, my staff, and my constituents who elected me to serve. Trust is something I know has to be earned whether you’re a husband, a father or a congressman. I promise to do everything I can to earn back the trust of everyone I’ve disappointed,” McAllister stated.

“From day one,” the statement continued, “I’ve always tried to be an honest man. I ran for Congress to make a difference and not to just be another politician. I don’t want to make a political statement on this, I would just simply like to say that I’m very sorry for what I’ve done. While I realize I serve the public, I would appreciate the privacy given to my children as we get through this.”

McAllister is a father of five who has been married 16 years.
    The Ouachita Citizen, in West Monroe, broke the story and released the video Monday.

Sam Hanna Jr., publisher of The Ouachita Citizen, said Monday the surveillance video arrived in an envelope a couple of weeks ago from an anonymous source.

His reporters spent the time between then and now verifying its contents and the participants.

Hanna said he had been inside McAllister’s Monroe congressional office at 1900 Stubbs Ave., Suite B, a dozen times.

The incident captured on the videotape occurred at roughly 1:39 p.m. on Dec. 23.

McAllister is caught on tape embracing and kissing a woman, a 33-year-old aide, Hanna says is Melissa Anne Hixon Peacock, the wife of longtime friend, Heath Peacock.

McAllister grew up near Heath Peacock in West Carroll Parish and worked with him over a 16-year period at Mustang Engineering, a Houston oil and gas company, according The Ouachita Citizen.
    A self-employed cosmetologist, Melissa Anne Peacock joined McCallister’s congressional campaign, and federal payroll records show Peacock began working as a part-time aide the day after he was elected.

McAllister largely self-funded his campaign with the money he’s made in the oil and gas pipeline business. He defeated state Sen. Neil Riser, R-Columbia, with 60 percent of the vote even though Gov. Bobby Jindal’s chief political adviser ran Riser’s campaign.

After the election, McAllister said those who advised that Riser go negative should be “run out of Louisiana” for failing to represent Louisiana values.

http://theadvocate.com/news/acadiana...llister-admits

McAllister is on our House Traitors list-- http://www.alipac.us/f8/traitor-list...stance-289229/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April 8th, 2014
    12:20 PM ET
    1 hour ago

First on CNN: Husband on kissing congressman: ‘He has wrecked my life’

Posted by
    CNN's Chris Frates and Curt Devine

(CNN) –
    The husband of the woman caught making out with Rep. Vance McAllister said the Louisiana Republican destroyed his life and marriage.

“I’m just freaking devastated by the whole deal, man. I loved my wife so much. I cannot believe this. I cannot freaking believe it. I feel like I’m going to wake up here in a minute and this is all going to be a bad nightmare,” Heath Peacock told CNN Tuesday.

On Monday, The Ouachita Citizen in West Monroe, Louisiana, published a surveillance video it says shows McAllister and his scheduler, Melissa Hixon Peacock, passionately kissing in his office last December.

Heath Peacock said he didn’t know about the episode until Melissa called him a couple hours before the news broke.

“He has wrecked my life,” Peacock, 34, said of McAllister. “We’re headed for divorce.”

Heath and Melissa Peacock have been married for six years and have a 6-year-old son.

“It was just a kiss, that was all it was, but it embarrassed me and my family,” Heath Peacock said. “This guy has turned my life upside down.”

Melissa Peacock no longer works for McAllister, Heath Peacock said.

Poll:
    What's worse – a politician who cheats or who abuses power?

Melissa Peacock and McAllister’s office did not return requests for comment.

McAllister, who is married with five children
    , issued a statement on Monday saying, “There's no doubt I've fallen short and I'm asking for forgiveness. I'm asking for forgiveness from God, my wife, my kids, my staff, and my constituents who elected me to serve.”

Heath Peacock noted that “he’s apologized to everyone in the world except me.”

McAllister was elected in a November special election to fill the vacancy left by GOP Rep. Rodney Alexander’s resignation. McAllister campaigned as a Christian conservative – a claim Peacock disputed.

"I know his beliefs. When he ran one of his commercials, he said ‘I need your prayers,’ and I asked, ‘When did you get religious?’ He said, ‘When I needed votes,’” Peacock recalled. “He broke out the religious card and he’s about the most non-religious person I know.”

McAllister also made headlines earlier this year when he invited “Duck Dynasty” star Willie Robertson to be his guest at the President’s State of the Union address.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ife/?hpt=hp_t2

NO AMNESTY

Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican View Post
    . . . . As I watched the video, it became obvious to me that this was not a cell phone video that "just happened" to catch this. It looks like it was a mounted surveillance video.
    THE VIDEO IS A CAMERA COPY OF THE BUILDING SURVEILLANCE SYSTEM.
    (From the first article.)
    the video, which appears to be captured by a hand-held camera pointed at a multi-frame security system monitor,
    NO AMNESTY

McAllister grew up near Heath Peacock in West Carroll Parish and worked with him over a 16-year period at Mustang Engineering, a Houston oil and gas company, according The Ouachita Citizen.

http://theadvocate.com/news/acadiana...llister-admits
    McAllister campaigned as a Christian conservative – a claim Peacock disputed.
    "I know his beliefs. When he ran one of his commercials, he said ‘I need your prayers,’ and I asked, ‘When did you get religious?’ He said, ‘When I needed votes,’” Peacock recalled. “He broke out the religious card and he’s about the most non-religious person I know.”

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ife/?hpt=hp_t2

Sounds like Heath Peacock has known him for a long time. Long enough to know if he was just woofing everyone to get elected. Another lying cheating politician.
    Ross Perot said something along the lines of I’d never knowingly hire a man that cheats on his wife. If the wife can’t trust ya, why should I?” The voters hired McAllister. JMO
    Last edited by Newmexican; 04-08-2014 at 04:34 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast