Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Congressman Dean Heller Introduces English Only Ballots

Heller Introduces Bill to Require English Only Ballots

May 6, 2008

(Washington, DC) – Today U.S. Congressman Dean Heller (R-NV) introduced the American Elections Act to require English only ballots for federal elections.

“As Secretary of State, the number one question I was asked was, ‘why are ballots printed in Spanish?’ Maintaining national unity requires adoption of a common language – a task that only Congress can undertake. The American Elections Act is a first step toward bringing linguistic unity to our election system,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Since he's my Rep. in the House, I've had quite a bit of correspondence with Rep. Heller on the issue of illegal immigration and according to that, I think he shares ALIPAC's view on illegal immigration. He's also a member of the Immigration Reform Caucus in the House. I think he's on our side.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

That's good news. Exactly where is that district?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Nevada.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

This would be a good first step....ballots for elections, and next ...driver licensing requirements. Speak and write English..it it the American common language. We must keep working on maintaining our language and our culture.

Even though I'm in California I will e-mail him and thank him for looking out for OUR best interests! We need to contact and thank all congressmen who share our common goal and let them know they are appreciated.

Actually the link had his D.C. office number so I called and left a message for Rep. Heller. I hope everyone joins in.

MW
    [quote]“As Secretary of State, the number one question I was asked was, ‘why are ballots printed in Spanish?’ Maintaining national unity requires adoption of a common language – a task that only Congress can undertake. The American Elections Act is a first step toward bringing linguistic unity to our election system,â€

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn