Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW

Congressman response

Response I received from Rep. David Price (D-NC):

March 28, 2007

Mr.xxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxx

xxxx xxxxxxx xxxxx

xxxxxxxx, NC xxxxxxx

Dear Mr. xxxx:

Thank you for contacting me regarding illegal immigration.

The September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks made clear the critical importance of controlling our borders and knowing who crosses them. As the chairman of the Homeland Security Appropriations Subcommittee, I am actively pushing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to move more quickly and eff ectively to solve our illegal immigration problem.

DHS has made clear that a solution will require more than a simple emphasis on fence construction or enhanced border enforcement. In addition to better physical and technological barriers and officers at the border, we will need to hold employers more accountable for hiring only legal workers and we must establish a foreign worker program that meets the needs of these employers, eliminating the imbalance between official immigration policy and our labor market needs that is the heart of the problem. Anything less than a comprehensive approach that includes all of these elements will result in failure and wasted resources.

Any comprehensive reform plan must realistically address the status of undocumented workers who are currently in the United States. I have made clear that I do not support a general amnesty for those who have crossed our borders illegally, and I agree with assessments that the 1986 amnesty program for illegal immigrants was a failure. It encouraged more illegal immigration because it was not paired with effective enforcement of immigration and hiring laws and because no effective mechanisms were put into place to recruit foreign workers when needed.

At the same time, proposals to indiscriminately deport the millions of undocumented workers currently in the United States are simply unrealistic. During a hearing before my Homeland Security Appropriations Subcommittee last July, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff testified that locating and deporting just the first 10 percent of the illegal worker population would cost approximately $9 billion. I see no reason to be limited to choosing between a blanket amnesty program and a mass deportation. Our goal should be to find creative solutions to make our immigration laws and our employment needs work well together.

I am hopeful that the 110th Congress will give a high priority to solving the illegal immigration problem. Thank you again for contacting me, and please continue to stay in touch on issues of concern.

Sincerely,

DAVID PRICE

Member of Congress
    They'll be no changing this amnesty supporters mind.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

They always is it's unrealistic to deport millions.....if they had a spine like Ike did, it would be done!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

They simply do not have the will. Pethetic!
    D.W.

Banned
    He doesn't want to spend $9 billion on deportations, but he can spend $ trillions on welfare, education, food stamps, Medicaid?????

JAK
    The American people are NOT accepting AMNESTY. You may try to make us believe that we have to accept it for those already here...but we don't.
    The federal government has failed to do its job for the last 20 years and now you think we will HAVE to ACCEPT the fact that these people should get amnesty??? No thanks, we will pass. Take away Every Single Reason for them to be here and there will be no reason for them to stay.
    Americans are fed up with being ignored and our immigration laws being abused. We are NOT accepting anything short of THIS MESS being CLEANED UP!!! AND CLEARED OUT!!! COMPLETELY!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They went the North American union, they are trying to put it down our throats like the european people got with the EU.
    <div>DEFEAT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA THE COMMIE FOR FREEDOM!!!!</div>

JAK
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthewcloseborders
    They went the North American union, they are trying to put it down our throats like the european people got with the EU.
    Yea...we don't want that either!!! We need to make sure all of these corrupt politicians serve one term unless they are working for us...get rid of all those who undermine the American people like McCain and Kennedy...who think they are above the American people...and of course this so called president who has done NOTHING on his watch to help this country or its citizens, but in reality has harmed our country and the middle class.

Throw them all out...and maybe we can find honest men and women that will look out for our country instead of lining their pockets.
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)