Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Latinos now make up a majority of California's public school students, cracking the 50 percent barrier for the first time in the state's history, according to data released Friday by the state Department of Education.

Almost 50.4 percent of the state's students in the 2009-10 school year identified themselves as Hispanic or Latino, up 1.36 percent from the previous year.

In comparison, 27 percent of California's 6.2 million students identified themselves as white, 9 percent as Asian and 7 percent as black. Students calling themselves Filipino, Pacific Islander, Native American or other total almost 7 percent.

While the result was no surprise to educators, experts say the shift underscores the huge impact Latinos already have on California's politics, economy and school system.

That influence will only grow as Latino parents - now in the majority - realize many of the schools their children attend are underfunded, said Bruce Fuller, a professor of education and public policy at UC Berkeley.

"It turns upside down how we think about California students," he said.

"A lot depends on the extent to which Latino parents come together and organize," Fuller added. "These are parents who historically have not had much political power. But as they are coming together and feeling their oats, they may organize around education.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... .DTL&tsp=1

Banned
    Fuller, the UC Berkeley professor, suggested state educators look at language education in an entirely new way.

"If the majority of the population is becoming bilingual," he said, referring to the growing Latino population learning English, "why shouldn't the white minority also become bilingual?"

While the result was no surprise to educators, experts say the shift underscores the huge impact Latinos already have on California's politics, economy and school system.
    Huge impact? Things are going so well in CA at the moment. Is that the huge impact they are talking about?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    Quote Originally Posted by forest
    Can we say

The Sheriff here in Johnston Co NC. can and did... in the pro amnesty paper in Raleigh! He was re-elected AGAIN on Nov.2. You can bet that I voted FOR him...LOL!

Here is the Latino take on it, and legal citizens taking them on.
    http://latino-talk.com/immigration/j...racist-pig/192

Great sheriff and good comments at the link... thanks for posting it.

Argghh... re: the following, my frustration gets the better of me sometimes...

I would add that if more legal hispanic immigrants (and other ethnicities also - just that hispanics are the vast majority of illegals in this country) would man up and speak out against illegals in this country, there would not be so much frustration from the "gringos" that hispanics too often demand respect from while they think they should automatically get anything they want from this country and us. While they can certainly enjoy their ethnicities, they should not expect to come here expecting us to put their countries before this one. If they dislike the American ways, they are free to leave! And if they are here illegally, they absolutely, no questions asked, get any sympathy from me when they get called out and caught. They can just go home and fight for their lovely countries they worked so hard to get out of! There is no other ethnic group that fights so hard not to assimilate unless (again, I realize there are many that do, just the minority) they are forced to. Then they whine and cry racism and nativism, and on and on... (I correct myself, muslims for the most part absolutely do not want to be American... that's a whole other commentary)

The hispanic majority has caused the frustration that is now showing itself more openly. It is no ones fault but their own. They should be thankful, very thankful that this country is not like the ones they fled.

Learn American ways, learn to speak English, fly the AMERICAN flag first, just LEARN. My Irish and German ancestors did and when they did they were accepted. It may have been a fight but they wanted to AMERICANS first. They are no longer German Americans, Irish Americans but Americans of Irish and German descent. Only the hispanics seem to think that Americans should kow-tow to them. What hippocrits, biting the hand that feeds them.

Welcome legal immigrants, just go home if you are here illegally, we do not NEED you here contrary to your popular belief. America became a successful country long before you swarmed it.

And stop having babies that you cannot afford to take care of without using so many public services, then perhaps you will hear less of these truthful statements! Learn some self-control or at least some contraception for pity's sake.

And last but not least, you of hispanic origin who think that your all that. THIS IS NOT YOUR COUNTRY! THIS IS OUR COUNTRY NOW, AMERICA for AMERICANS and those who come here legally who truly want to be Americans! If you want to tell us to go back to Europe, perhaps you should get educated and realize that your South American Spanish heritage came from Spain long... before other Europeans came here. So you go back to Spain why don't you.

Such stupidity to think that you can turn back the clock on time. This is now, that was then. Get over it and go forward!

See, my frustration is showing...!
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    Quote Originally Posted by forest
    Can we say they breed like "rabbits" then...

The Sheriff here in Johnston Co NC. can and did... in the pro amnesty paper in Raleigh! He was re-elected AGAIN on Nov.2. You can bet that I voted FOR him...LOL!

Here is the Latino take on it, and legal citizens taking them on.
    http://latino-talk.com/immigration/j...racist-pig/192
    Funny how strong sherrifs get reelected over and over, isn't it?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

As could be expected, La Raza chimes in on the situation:

Dear XXXX:

Just when you thought extremist rhetoric couldn’t get worse, it did. Late last week, a Tennessee state representative named Curry Todd compared immigrants to rats. That’s right—I couldn’t believe it either. On November 9, during testimony from Finance and Administration officials at a meeting of the Fiscal Review Committee, Todd asserted that giving U.S. citizen children of immigrants health coverage was a license for immigrants to “go out there like rats and multiply.â€

And I resent La Raza calling illegals, "immigrants" also. So stuff it, La Raza.

The truth is that they do breed like rats, rabbits. The truth is racist? That doesn't mean they are being called these animals only that their breeding habits are similar. Leave it to the ethnocentric, La Raza followers to twist the meaning of it of course.

Re: Congressman Under Fire After Saying Immigrants Multiply

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    Todd said that means the immigrants can "go out there like rats and multiply."
    I guess the truth hurts?
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Banned
    la raza can "BITE ME"

In my mind they are equal to or worse than the nazis

I posted this on the "related" thread:

Here's the letter that I faxed to the Majority Leader that La Raza is complaining to:

[quote][b]Dear Majority Leader Mumpower:

Speaking for 80% of the American Citizens and Taxpayers of the United States, We feel that Representative Curry Todd was wrong using the phraze "immigrants go out there like rats and multiply.â€
    ------------------------

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast