Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

As a contractor I very seriously doubt that any of them come even close to complying with the law . Not only taxes and social security but workers comp and especially insurance Not to mention continuing education , licenses for state, county and city , actually just the insurance laws would disqualify most of them THE WAY THEY ARE ALLOWED TO OPERATE THEY SHOULD BE 80 % CHEAPER than a legal contractor .

When you get one of these arrogant contractors in your face defending the illegal aliens, feel free to tell him his fate. Let them digest the fact that his new bass boat and boob job for his girl friend come with a cost.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by longcut
    As a contractor I very seriously doubt that any of them come even close to complying with the law . Not only taxes and social security but workers comp and especially insurance Not to mention continuing education , licenses for state, county and city , actually just the insurance laws would disqualify most of them THE WAY THEY ARE ALLOWED TO OPERATE THEY SHOULD BE 80 % CHEAPER than a legal contractor .
    YUP. You are exactly right. Here our landscapers, builders, masons etc have been hiring them for years. Now you see these same illegals with their own businesses, trucks, etc. You are right, they don't have the insurances or provide healthcare, etc so American contractors are being outbid.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

There were alot of them that actually got caught a few months after hurricane Wilma. Miami-Dade and Broward Counties stepped up their unlicensed contractor watch and caught lots of them. In Miami-Dade County they actually use a house that the County gets due to the unlivable condition that it is in and get contractors to give estimates on repairs. They end up arresting and/or fining them if they are unlicensed and often notify ICE if they believe that they are illegal.
    Eastern Europeans are also into home renovation and handyman work but at least they don't steal their tools in most cases. Many of them do ceramic and marble tiles.
    As for people who hire them, they are either Hispanics themselves or rich people who have the money to pay for licensed reputable ones. I read an article about that where a licensed contractor went to a homeowner that was a surgeon and he only had the licensed contractor do one job. He couldn't believe the bad work that the other contractor did and that the surgeon was leaving it as is.
    If you have building permits like you have to in many counties, you are forced to use licensed contractors. Many people don't get permits so they can saqve moeny and hire illegals. I hate to say it but many people who do their own work do a better job. In the end the poeple spend more money if they have the poor work redone.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

In certain parts of Nashville, if you go inside to get a drink and leave your lawnmower unattended, it will be gone by the time you get back. They drive around neighborhoods and grab anything that is unattended. And they actually want to legalize this pack of thieves.

I am a C-10 (electrical) contractor when I'm not working my county job. I only do state goverment work and there is no way illegals can get these jobs. They require insurance, performance bonds, workmans comp., DOJ fingerprint and background check (on most public work contracts), a good credit rating (to qualify for bonds), and plus just getting a C speacality license takes more than "I have tools and know what i'm doing" approach.Then there is the capital to do these jobs currently i'm bidding a $325,000 job. I have to fund prevailing wage in excess of $82,000 and material cost of $140,000 for 30 days after completion. So not all contracting is going down south. And the first person I see stealing anyones tools is going to be a very hurt person. I have more respect for murderers ,I have no tolerance for thieves (illegal or legal).

Yes, these tight wads better get their reproductive tubes tied.

I repair Commercial Landscaping and Constructon equipment . From backpack blowers, John Deere Garden Tractors, to Generators, Cement mixers and Pressure washers. (gasoline operated, 2 and 4cycle engines.

I have a notice posted on the door in spanish, "NO ENGLISH' "NO REPAIR"
    Most of my customers have been with me for years. I take down the "serial #"on all repairs and if something gets stolen they tell me and I check the #`s on all the equipment that comes in from first time customers.
    I have found quit a few stolen Blowers, chainsaws, and hedge clippers and also trailers.

All most all off the generic businesses are unlicensed are quick buck artists. They can bid low on 20 jobs, do a half assed job, collect on them and either change to another fictitious name or move on to another area.
    ------------------------

well one day americans will have had enough,and start fighting back..fight fire with fire..until then i will keep my eyes open.

You are correct. They move on after doing crappy work. This morning in my district I heard a call on my police radio that someone stole decorative stones from the person's property. It reminded me that not only do they steal tools and equipment but contractor supplies as well. I have heard of roofing supplies being stolen quite often after hurricane Wilma.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12