Thread: Convergence

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Convergence

If you speak with activists Roy Beck of NumbersUSA or Mark Krikorian of CIS what they will tell you is that they have a lmited practical definition of success. What they want is to have the number of illegal aliens decline and half those here now return to their home country over the next Presidential administration.

The idea of having half the illegal aliens living here now leave and go home and declining numbers of illegals coming in from Mexico is actually shared by the Calderon administration. The condition it puts on that is that the illegal aliens not have to leave unexpectedly unplanned and return with savings to invest in Mexico.

There is an ethno poltical power bloc that do not want the illegal aliens to leave. The more Latinos that are here the larger their social services programs can be and the more loyal their citizen voter relatives. Businesses which depend on cheap labor are also a good source of money for programs and campaigns. LULAC MALDEF LA RAZA

There is going to be increasing likelyhood of a split between the tendencies. The two Mexiican pro development nationalists and the Mexican American poltical machine have an overlap but do not have identical goals.

The more successful the Felipe Calderon government is the fewer families dependent on the Mexican American machine politics here there are going to be.

If La Maquina succeeds there are going to be large parts of Mexico where the communities are ghost towns devoid of any working age people and their only economic activity is the building houses that families can not afford to maintain unless the young remain in the States.

Juan Hernandez despite having been in the Fox government is by his actions more a creature of La Maquina. Sen. John McCain gives the impression that he is more a supporter of cheap labor and La Maquina than a successful future of Mexico.

Although it may seem a radical move it would be a good idea to try to help the Felipe Calderon government achieve it's own goals against La Maquina because John McCain shares even less with our interests.

It is not up to us to create the savings for the illegal aliens. The remittance money being sent should be the source of savings. Right now there is a tendency to consume instead of save. What we can collaborate on is education to change consumption habits to investment and production habits.

Even legal Mexican Americans on our side have relatives tempted to come here illegally. If they can be persuaded to invest where they are from the relatives are less likely to come.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Baca Bill is pure Mexican American Machine politics it is way too long a time period. If it were until 2010 it might be worth more thought.

Given the longer period there would be a lot of new citizen voters beholden to the Machine to keep their illegal relatives here who had not bothered to create a firm family financial foundation for them abroad.

If it comes down to a face off with SAVE we should make sure that any compromise does not extend a reprieve past the next Presidential term.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Great post Richard, I enjoyed the "two sides of the coin" template.

Richard

I was talking with a woman from French Indonesia yesterday and her IA relatives have come to America which she is not happy about because they are working for slave labour pay and think they are making big money.

She told me they work in the fields and get paid by the bushel and when she figured their rate of pay it averages to $5.00 an hr. for back breaking work.

I replied I am angry with Busiesses for paying these kinds of wages and by doing so it lowers wages for American citizens,and you know,a light went on in her head and now she understands (she gets it) the danger IA's pose to American citizen's wages.

I think,the more recent immgrants understand how mass Illegal immigration is hurting all citizens the less likely they will promote or agree with IA's to come to America.

We need to find a way to encourage IA's to stay home and improve their lives by changing their governments and fighting for their countries or America is going to slowly disenegrate into a low pay 3rd. world type economy void of a middle class.Just rich busines elites deciding wages and working conditions for everyone else.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    The Baca Bill is pure Mexican American Machine politics it is way too long a time period. If it were until 2010 it might be worth more thought.

Given the longer period there would be a lot of new citizen voters beholden to the Machine to keep their illegal relatives here who had not bothered to create a firm family financial foundation for them abroad.

If it comes down to a face off with SAVE we should make sure that any compromise does not extend a reprieve past the next Presidential term.
    Im just not getting the short sightedness of our illustrious politicians. The
    fluttering and clucking and wining and dining of what they see as a huge future voting block are so very in store for a huge unpleasant surprise.
    "They" wont support them for their loyalty, they will put Jose' in office
    for everything from lowest local gov worker to the WH and the current
    sack of garbage will be kicked to the curb along with the citizens they
    so sold out! They should be dancing with the ones who "brung em"!
    block.....all to insure the security of their cushy jobs
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

Richard - Thanks for an insightful post as we can always count on. Much appreciated. I agree, the ultimate policy objectives are not that much different really. It's the beasts of the US-based ethnocentric lobbying groups that are the real monkey-wrench compared to the past (also with support/encouragement from many large IA employers of course).
    I'd like the US government to cease all funding for LaRaza and similar groups.

Just from my purely personal perspective (and I'd venture to guess many other folks here at least...) I am becoming impatient with the approach which allows Mexico (and other foreign governments) to try to correct the problem based on conditions deemed suitable to themselves. We have already done more than enough and my patience is just about all gone.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You are not alone. Ive had such a gut full and am floundering. I write and
    call everyone I can think of almost daily and its getting really old but I
    dont know what else to do but keep on keeping on. The alternative is
    unimaginable.
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!