Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hazelton Mayor Lou Barletta's office is emailing everyone who sent him support for his stand against illegals and is asking for donations to the Hazelton Defense fund if anyone is interested?

The threats they received from the illegal coalition is that they will bankrupt the town of Hazelton through legal fees for standing against their illegal cause.

Not sure if I can post any further info so, I won't.
    "There's no such thing as ILLEGALalien-able rights!" REGRESO E MEXICO !

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krazynbama
    It is impossible for Plaintiffs Lechuga and Jane Doe 1 to determine whether each new worker they may hire or customer they may serve is an “illegal alien”
    Correct me if my memory is wrong, but I have shown ID to prove my status when employed in the past. The sheet had a list of documents I could choose from to provide to prove my status. Why can't they use that same form as a guideline? It is provided by the federal government.
    They can also use The SAVE Program to verify documents.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

117. The Federal government has also chosen to allow certain categories of non-citizens, and certain individual non-citizens, to remain in the United States, even though such non-citizens may not have valid immigrant (permanent) or non-immigrant (temporary) status and/or may be removable under the Federal Immigration and Nationality Act (“INA”), 8 U.S.C. § 1101 et seq.
    I'll be glad when they get this fact documented. Housecleaning time!
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The threats they received from the illegal coalition is that they will bankrupt the town of Hazelton through legal fees for standing against their illegal cause.
    I hope Hazelton is keeping hard copies of those emails, especially if they are from organizations like the ACLU or something. They could argue that those organizations are attempting to intimidate/threaten them.

I found the complaint rather amusing. I'm not a lawyer and even I could argue the complaint down to nothing more than a bad joke.

(edit) Thought of something. How come job applications aren't considered unconstitutional when they specifically ask if a person is an American citizen, and/or legally allowed to work in the U.S.? And how come it's not unconstitutional that if it is found that you provided false information on that application, you can/will be fired from said job?

Not to mention that those things apply to everyone. Maybe I just answered my own question.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

Mayor Barletta has chosen to stand and fight on this issue. He was on the television the other night and I could only cheer him on.
    I think this is going to be our battle to win.
    The mayor is seeking donations to help in this fight. I don't live in Hazleton and I'm sure most everyone else doesn't but his fight is our fight. I sent a donation yesterday. The address to send is on the city of Hazleton's website, to the attention of the mayor. He calls the fund, "legal defense fund". I hope there are many others who can help him out.
    If you can't find the address, e-mail me and I'll pass it along.
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

donation

I just made a donation and I feel empowered by it. I of course hope that Hazleton will prevail so cities like mine can go forward. I will be watching this like a hawk. I saw this below on Imigration Daily Digest today. Twenty lawyers on the ACLU side -how ridiculous is that. Is this the kind of suit that is settled by a judge/panel/or jury?

City’s legal team in place for IIRA suit

The City of Hazleton has assembled its legal team to defend the Illegal Immigration Relief Act in federal court. "We've assembled one of the best teams in the country on this issue," Mayor Lou Barletta said Friday. The team includes attorneys and organizations with a resume of involvement in the battle of immigration law: Attorney Kris Kobach and the Mountain States Legal Foundation, headed by former Reagan Administration official William Perry Pendley. And it appears likely the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) will also get involved. City Solicitor Chris Slusser will work extensively on the case. "I'm really happy to have this team," Barletta said. "They all have experience with immigration law." The suit seeking to overturn IIRA was filed Tuesday in federal court in Scranton by the Puerto Rican Legal Defense and Education Fund, American Civil Liberties Union offices in Harrisburg, Allentown, Philadelphia, New York and San Francisco and the Cozen O'Connor lawfirm, Philadelphia. It has assembled a team of 20 attorneys.

http://www.idexer.com/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12