Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Cornyn on Immigration "Reform"

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Thursday, May 17, 2007

CORNYN STATEMENT ON IMMIGRATION REFORM ANNOUNCEMENT

WASHINGTON - U.S. Sen. John Cornyn, a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, made the following statement today regarding the announcement by Senator Kennedy and others that an agreement has been reached on comprehensive immigration reform legislation:

While I appreciate the hard work by my colleagues as we spent countless hours negotiating this very difficult issue, I have serious concerns with the principles outlined in today's announcement.

I simply cannot, and will not, support any legislation that repeats the mistakes of the 1986 amnesty. So we have to make a basic determination: Will this bill restore respect for our laws? Or will it have the opposite effect, and encourage still more disregard for our immigration and border security laws, placing us within a few years in the same untenable position we're now in?

I believe today's announcement is somewhat premature because specific legislative text has yet to be drafted on a number of key details. Until I have the opportunity to review this text, I will withhold from making more detailed comments. Clearly, however, there will be an opportunity to introduce amendments to this legislation, and I expect there will be a number of areas where that will be necessary.

Sen. Cornyn serves on the Armed Services, Judiciary and Budget Committees. In addition, he is Vice Chairman of the Senate Republican Conference and the Senate Select Committee on Ethics. He serves as the top Republican on the Judiciary Committee's Immigration, Border Security and Refugees subcommittee and the Armed Services Committee¹s Airland subcommittee. He served previously as Texas Attorney General, Texas Supreme Court Justice, and Bexar County District Judge.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

But John that kinda attitude is going to get you in trouble with your SPP/NAU buds????????What will Dr. Pastor think about your comments towards his COMMUNITY vision and his immagration policies...They all might be thinking you are going to give in to the Black helicopter type folks...who worry about their pesky Constitution
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother