Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dem4labor
    Ok, Crockets, your post intrigued me, so what should I read?

Are even the Federalist Papers tainted? I like to read about
    Jefferson, but sometimes he seems like another feudal
    lord who got some wild notions about freedom & put it
    down on paper. I enjoyed the recent bio of Adams.

If you want to read about the federal reserve, where's a
    good place to start?
    No, the Founders and their writings were pretty much okay if you set aside Hamilton and his love for the European banks.

Start out with looking at the real reasons behind the War Between the States. Yeah, slavery was the inflammatory issue used to fan the flames of war, but the reason for the discontent that led to secession was the steady stream of one-sided tariffs that punished the South. When Lincoln finally decided to go to war, European interests, and particularly the Holy Roman Empire, seized on the opportunity to extend their grip over the New world. Specifically, research why Brumidi's Apotheosis of Washington was started and completed on the Capitol rotunda during the war, why the statue of Persephone was added to the Capitol dome during that same timeframe, and where the so-called Washington Monument came from and the reason for its specific design.

If you want to know about the Federal Reserve, read The Creature from Jekyll Island by Ed Griffin as a primer.

If you get that far, get back to me and I'll give you some other projects.

I agree, the war between the state was not about slavery. It was about the economic well-being of the South vs the North. The Yanks were industrialist and the Rebs were agrarian. Who was producing the goods you can’t live without? The South. Despite all the sanctions placed on the south, they were still getting wealthy farming.

Part of today's problems are foreign investors.

All I have to say is you better invest in gold.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    I agree, the war between the state was not about slavery. It was about the economic well-being of the South vs the North. The Yanks were industrialist and the Rebs were agrarian. Who was producing the goods you can’t live without? The South. Despite all the sanctions placed on the south, they were still getting wealthy farming.

Part of today's problems are foreign investors.

All I have to say is you better invest in gold.

Dixie
    Yep, now that gold has come back down again it's a good bet.

I found out thuth about the civil just before I started College.

What reason is given in today`s History Books?
    ------------------------

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    I found out thuth about the civil just before I started College.

What reason is given in today`s History Books?
    Nowadays it's all about villifying the South. when I was in school just a few decades ago, it was common to see the Confederate flag flown at homes or emblazoned on car windows or bumpers and even on t-shirts. The flying of the Confederate flag was all about pride in Southern heritage and had nothing to do with racism, but nowadays you're lucky if you're not accused of a hate crime for flying it, and it is absolutely forbidden in and around the politically correct schools. It's similar to flying or wearing a swastika, which is of course absurd.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12