Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Costa Rica election another blow to CAFTA

Costa Rica election another blow to US trade pact
    Reuters
    By: John McPhaul
    02/08/2006

SAN JOSE, Costa Rica (Reuters) - A U.S. free trade pact with Central America, already delayed by a legal wrangle, has run into further trouble at presidential elections in Costa Rica where voters punished the main pro-trade candidate.

Full story

Suddenly, I have hope that the trade agreements will actually get put into the shredder where they belong. How capricious of the globalixts to think that people all over the world are stupid enough to want low wages and fewer jobs.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks, GeorgiaConservative, for the good news. In order to be cautious, may I ask...?

If Costa Rica stands firm and doesn't ratify CAFTA, is the US still bound to "obey" CAFTA?

Put another way.... Is CAFTA still enforceable to those countries that signed it? Is CAFTA still enforceable to individual citizens?

Will companies that plan to participate in CAFTA still fire their employees and outsource to CAFTA countries anyway? Let me try to clarify, having not read the CAFTA law, it would seem that CAFTA makes it extremely easy for a company to fire their employees in favor of moving to Central America.

Is there any amount of "activity" taking place (under CAFTA) today? Activity, as in, firing Americans.

I know I'm "what if'ing you."

If the good news is really good news.....
    If Costa Rica stands firm, and CAFTA can die, how long would it take for CAFTA to die and stay dead?

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Unfortunately, last count I heard said that many other countries had already signed. The only really good news is that some are smart enough not to and hopefully they will get the word out to others who will cancel their end of the bargain leaving Bush with a file cabinet full of useless paper. He should have known better than to sign ANY trade agreements but he seems to sign them all. I guess at least some of the people he thinks are stupid enough to con are smarter than he is.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)