Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Could Hazelton Ruling Jepordize Santuary Cities?

If you apply the reasoning the Judge gives for the Hazelton laws not being usable, because of it not being state wide or under federal law, wouldn't this same rule of thought apply to all the SANCTUARY cities that think they can do their own thing and they are actually in full violation of federal law?
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

Now that would be a lawsuit for the citizens of these cities to explore.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It sounds like it's OK to "disobey" federal law, but not to "obey" it.

You can't enforce federal law which means that illegals go home, but you can disobey federal law by keeping illegals in sanctuary places.

Makes sense, huh? As long as you are disobeying federal law, that's cool.

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cousinsal
    It sounds like it's OK to "disobey" federal law, but not to "obey" it.

You can't enforce federal law which means that illegals go home, but you can disobey federal law by keeping illegals in sanctuary places.

Makes sense, huh? As long as you are disobeying federal law, that's cool.
    So its ok to make counterfeit bills and look in my neighbors mailbox and steal his checks and credit cards and use 'em? Or do I have to be illegal to get those benefits?
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

I'm sure if they asked this judge who wrote an over 400 page opinion about his view on this, he'd answer that Sanctuary Cities wasn't the issue before him, therefore he'd have no response, but I think that this opens a big question that should eliminate Sanctuary cities.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

The lack of federal intervention in regards to sanctuary cities, and for purposes here, "official" sanctuary cities specifically, it is becase of politics--plain and simple.

I believe the Feds have the authority to take legal action against the cities but they won't. For the same reason thousands of illegals can march in the streets without being arrested by ICE.

Politics--It's that simple.

Until more American people decide to get serious (as some of us are)and march in force in the streets to the offices and homes of public officials, it will continue.

I am not sure if anyone has ever tried to utilize a Writ of Mandate in a sanctuary situation, or if the Writ it would be applicable in such situations. It would take some legal research.
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

Can this Judge's opinion be found anywhere on the web?