Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    The administration is actually saying that they will do it, they are just whining like heck about it. "Boo-hoo, we have to actually enforce the laws and take action, but it will be sooo hard to do!!"

I agree it is a good thing, even if the feds are crying about it. I also believe that we need to watch them like hawks and still push them to do it right and for them to beef up the border, and support the BP.

Time for them to enforce and for us to crack the whip, remember, THEY work for us, this is what WE want and they WILL do it!!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Some worried about White House crackdown on illegal workers By Michelle Gallardo
    August 10, 2007 - The White House and the Department of Homeland Security are imposing new laws to crackdown on illegal immigration. Questions about a worker's social security status have not been resolved within 90 days. If not, employers will he held liable if they don't fire those workers. fines for employers who knowingly hire illegal immigrants will be raised. and there are now fewer documents employers can accept to verify a worker's status.

What we heard from people Friday was mostly a concern that this crackdown could adversely affect many businesses, large and small. While those who support the measures say these things have been proposed in the past and never enforced.
    "Because the magnet that brings most economic migrants into this country is work. We have worksite enforcement directed al illegal employment we strike at that magnet," said Michael Chertoff, Homeland Security secretary.

Cracking down on businesses that employ undocumented workers is the main provision in the new immigration related initiatives. Many observers say it is appeasing congressional republicans who've blocked passage of an immigration reform bill until current laws are enforced.

Dr. Sean Gavin co-owns several chiropractic clinics across the Chicago area. He says when he asks for a prospective employee's social security card there is no way for him to tell it is fake.

"We're a small business. I have like a hundred employees. What happens if I have to let go of 50 of them or even 10? People who are valuable, people who are key people?" said Gavin.

Immigration activist Emma Lozano says the provisions contradict the Bush administration's desire to pass comprehensive immigration reform.

"You cannot do enforcement only. You have to do that in conjunction with legislation so people will come out of the shadows and give their information. And maybe then you would find a terrorist, but all they're doing now is separating families," said Emma Lozano, Pueblo Sin Fronteras.

Those who support a crackdown on illegal immigration aren't happy either.

"As far as we're concerned it's all talk. I think of past practices. Nothing has been enforced until now," said Rosanna Pulido, Illinois Minuteman Project.

Other measures announced Friday include speeding up the building of fences along the US-Mexico border, and trying to match up records of non-citizens entering and leaving the country.

Chinese immigrant and new citizen Beilin Ye talked about what she calls the anti-immigrant sentiment just minutes after taking the oath.

"I think a lot of people forget that immigrants are what made this country. Part of the packet they gave us had a little booklet that introduced all the famous immigrants and there is Alexander Hamilton, one of our founding fathers who wasn't born here," Ye said.

Secretary Michael Chertoff also said Friday that these measures are not meant to take the place of a comprehensive immigration reform bill but a way to enforce existing laws that are already on the books.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sectio ... id=5559034
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think they are just playing with us. There is no money for this new improved way of thinking. Another problem I have with this plan is, if they find out they have an illegal working they are supposed to fire them. HUMMM..... fire them? So they can steal and find a way to cheat the system to get money? Or do you think they will go back to Mexico or where ever they crawled out of? I don't think they will go back. I don't think our government is going to do what we the people asked them to do at all. If the NAU goes thru it would be a waste of money anyway. No borders will be allowed. This is just to quiet us down some. Now is the time to make more noise!
    I'd rather die living then live dying!

Zeezil You are funny!!

What I don't understand is when they passed these laws it seemed like it was enough and they have never enforced them so how would they know if they will work or not!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ALIPAC AUGUST FUND RAISER
    PLEASE help ALIPAC stay in the fight against illegal immigration!!!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=75673
    FOOD FOR THOUGHT
    WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT ALIPAC???
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

April
    Secretary Michael Chertoff also said Friday that these measures are not meant to take the place of a comprehensive immigration reform bill but a way to enforce existing laws that are already on the books

DUH!!! That is what we wanted all along and nothing less will do!!

ENFORCE THE LAW!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by reptile09
    The whole purpose of this crackdown is to scare employers into thinking they will lose all their profits so they will go screaming to their representatives demanding them to pass legislation to legalize the illegals and create a guest worker program.
    I agree with you, reptile.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12