Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CRUSADERS ARE ILL-ADVISED TO BOYCOTT ESCONDIDO B OF A

Letters to the Editor - 3/15/2007

By: Readers of the North County Times and The Californian -

Foundation of BofA founder

A.P. Giannini, founder of the Bank of America, started his first banking enterprise in San Francisco and catered to mostly immigrants, not unlike himself, an energetic Italian who had the foresight to cater to his kind of people. Today, I am a member of Bank of America in Escondido, going on my 10th year. Both the main bank on Escondido Avenue and the branch on E. Valley Parkway are staffed by [people who seem to be of Mexican descent] all bilingual, all sharp, clean, well-mannered and efficient. Crusaders are ill-advised to boycott any transactions of illegal immigrants at BofA; it is a folly of misguided proportions. With assets up around $200 billion, any trickle of lost accounts to bigots will be a further asset to them!

The immigration problem is the sole responsibility of the U.S. government, nobody else. So, if you have nothing in your life better to do than shovel doo-doo against the tide, have at it.

Doug Cook

Escondido

Add Your Comments or Letter to the Editor

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/03 ... _29_55.txt

How sad for Escondido

Escondido means "hiding" or "hidden" in Spanish. It seems to me that the people of this town have taken a stand and decided to come out of the closet and put hate and bigotry on display. Poor Escondido. You're pushing out your poor and turning in your neighbors to the Border Patrol. Are you proud of yourselves? Well, at least you've done it out in the open.

I hope you wise up because you will reap what you sow. Who will help you if you are ever in need?

Adam Soria

San Marcos
    -------------------------------------------
    NCT, give us accurate data

The North County Times printed a long-overdue mea culpa for not providing early and accurate information to the public about the inflated numbers of Escondido hit-and-run accidents, and questioned Councilman Abed's numbers for the illegal alien population in Escondido ("Immigration debate needs better data," March 9).

The NCT says we need accurate information to make valid decisions, and the NCT is absolutely right! Now, would the NCT provide us with accurate information as to the number of illegal aliens in Escondido, and other North County cities? The number of illegal alien children in Escondido (and other North County) schools? The number of illegal aliens using tax-supported medical care in various hospitals?

If our opinions and votes depend on accurate information, the NCT is in the best position to provide it. If the claims of either side in the illegal immigration issue are bogus, investigate them, and give us accurate information from supportable data!

Allen Hemphill

Escondido
    --------------------------------
    Senseless restrictions on undocumented

Laws that prevent illegal immigrants from working hurt our communities by keeping immigrants very poor. People who are very poor are more motivated toward criminal behavior than are more affluent people. This has been shown in scholarly research for many years.

People who are very poor live in unsafe conditions. People who have legal jobs pay taxes. They have organizational strength to obtain reasonable worker pay, benefits and protection.

Laws that prevent illegal immigrants from having driver's licenses hurt legal drivers because, without licenses, there are no controlling actions that can be taken by law enforcement and insurance companies. Laws that prevent illegal immigrants from obtaining credit hurt our neighborhoods by limiting their economic contribution and growth. Laws that prevent illegal immigrants from obtaining identification encourage irresponsibility. Some of our laws just don't make sense.

Marilyn Werkema

San Marcos
    ---------------------------------------------
    California close to bankruptcy

Welcome to the Roman Empire II! And we all know what happened to them. A once-great American once said (he didn't say it in Spanish), "A house divided cannot stand." And I see Mexico and these Mexicans driving a stake through the heart of the Southwest United States of America on a daily basis.

It breaks my heart to see so many Americans suffering while invaders of the U.S.A. run all over the place, living on benefits that are for these American citizens, like good jobs, low-income housing, food to eat, medical and school and help for low-income Americans. It makes me sick. And that ACLU should be called the MCLU because they sure aren't doing much good for us Americans. What a joke.

Mexico and Mexicans are bankrupting the state of California and surrounding Las Vegas, Nevada. This must be stopped.

Tommy Chanick

Oceanside
    -----------------------------------------------

Add Your Comments or Letter to the Editor

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/03 ... 5.txt#lets

ncm

With assets up around $200 billion, any trickle of lost accounts to bigots will be a further asset to them!
    Hey BOM (bank of mexico), If that's the case, if the so-called trickle of us bigots closed accounts doesn't effect you, why the comment? If you're so secure with our closed accounts, you'd laugh it off instead of calling us names. Frankly I hope you give illegals all your money, it's guaranteed you'll go belly up. Your elite arrogant attitude has made me really glad we closed our accounts. Only time will tell if we were a trickle or a flood.
    Be careful what you wish for...you just might get it!

A finger points at the moon, the fool stares at the finger.

Laws that prevent illegal immigrants from working hurt our communities by keeping immigrants very poor.
    Laws that allow illegal immigrants to work hurt our communities by taking jobs from those whose taxes support the community.

People who are very poor are more motivated toward criminal behavior than are more affluent people.
    That's right...the very poor people of mexico are very motivated to become criminals by illegaly crossing our border.
    The New America: Of the System, by the System and for the System

People who are very poor are more motivated toward criminal behavior than are more affluent people. This has been shown in scholarly research for many years.
    Criminal behavior is a choice.
    It must be something else.
    The history texts are rife with the stories of those from impovershed upbringing that did great things in the world while rich CEO's sit in our prisons. Just in case you're right though, I'll keep a close eye on the Amish community.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ron wrote on March 15, 2007 7:03 AM:"Did you see that? The tricky word smithing by Doug Cook today? He first refers to A.P. Giannini, founder of B of A, a "legal" immigrant. He then moves on to Giannini's bank serving other "legal" Italian immigrants. He then goes on to describe today's B of A, staffed by "legal", apparently Hispanic citizens. He then describes the boycotter as the perjorative "Crusaders", obviously a religious term meant to denote a dogmatic unreasonable anti-immigrant bias (xenaphobia), and then finishes his diatribe with calling boycotters: bigots. There simply is no comparision. Italians immigrants were legal immigrants. No one has a problem with LEGAL immigrants. Mr. Cook and his ilk want to blur the lines between legal and illegal, and they must leave facts behind, in order to do it. And if you disagree with them, you are a bigot. If you dissent from their point of view, you are a bigot. Unable to win the argument by reason, they soon resort to name calling. What this tells me is, they have bad reasoning, and they know it. That their using bad logic, and they know it. And so, when you don't buy into their thinking, their belief system, they then will attempt to emotionally beat you up, to beat you into submission. Man, I thought these people were all for open dialogue, and everyone to have the ability to dissent, and protest, if they didn't agree. I guess not. "