Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Cut From Stimulus, E-Verify Likely to Resurface

February 20, 2009

Cut From Stimulus, E-Verify Likely to Resurface in Immigration Debate

When a bill weighs in at $787 billion, it’s hard to imagine anything being left out. But a provision that would have required companies receiving stimulus funding to sign up for a government-run electronic worker verification system was scuttled during House-Senate negotiations.

The measure could have increased the number of firms, especially in the construction industry, using the system. About 87,000 employers have signed up for the voluntary program, known as E-Verify, which checks new-hire information from I-9 forms against Social Security and Department of Homeland Security databases.

The author of the bill that established E-Verify was angry that it did not survive in the stimulus package.

“There is no assurance that the jobs created will go to American workers,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks, Congress, for making sure that we cannot dig out of the financial mess we are in and not knowing who is privvy to stimulus money creating jobs and who those jobs go to. American people are not that stupid and when we get desperate enough, we will do the jobs our grandparents did, slaughtering chickens and picking berries. One thing we do not need is aliens competing with desperate Americans looking for work.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

E-Verify proponents say the system confirms 96 percent of queries instantly and has an error rate of less than 1 percent. Employer advocates argue that the 4.1 percent error rate in the Social Security database could lead to millions of people being incorrectly ruled ineligible for work.

Sure E-Verify doesn't work!! It works so welll they don't want to use it!

It's either 1% or 4% innacuate? A million bucks says it's Social Security that's the party that's wrong!

We have Medicare with a 1/3 fraud rate!!!! So what's 1% or 4%?????
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

ELE

E-Verify works, it's pur government that doesn't!

I wonder if the states that have legislation against the Federal Government will be able to break from the Union and instill their own E-verify systems?

http://www.infowars.com/

1% error, oh please... correct or check it, then continue. Oh my I had a restaurant owner, E-Verifier, tell me the picture of the individual and everything is shown. So I know this is so disturb to those in the shadows and their abusers.

What I want to know is how many of the 4% are easily corrected? From what I understand a great many of the 4% are just because of data entry mistakes and are easily corrected.

If the government wants to admit it, E-Verify works better than most of their other programs. Just ask Congress. They'll tell you that everything they pass is "not perfect."
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

I heard they want to bring it up as a stand alone bill so they can add amendments to it and use it to wheel and deal with things like "Dream Act" Guest worker programs" etc.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)