Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

It started here recently, too. No mention of race or color in regards to suspects. Just: police are looking for a man, or two men or a couple of women, like that.
    Yeah, well, we don't want to inconvenience the culprits by actually catching them or anything! So, stupid!
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

Moosetracks: Your post is appropriate and comes at a time when every night on the news, we have at least one or more killings. DC is out of control and now a state of crime emergency being declared. It isn't safe anytime during the day or night time. Shootings have been occurring during broad daylight. Living in Prince William County, we have had a problem with MS13 in Mannassas, and we have had a gang taskforce for about 4 years. I quit running volunteer rescue because of the execution style killings that were happening on a frequent basis. Knife fights, gang violence is on the rise and no one seems to have a solution.

I am doing some real soul searching and debating whether or not to stay, or to move into some rural area, load my weapons, and stand my ground. Sorry times we live in...

DS

Mexican Mafia

The gangs are everywhere, not only a conjested area like the Washington DC area. We live in what you would call a "pristine" area compared to the cities back east or even Denver. We had a murder in our little town last year that was connected to the Mexican Mafia and Meth.
    This is quoted from an article:

Not meaning to drag up old dirt again, and not meaning to offend any of the legal hispanics in this community, but I have to say I told you so. For those that remember, this forum saw a debate that went on for a month regarding billboards to scare off meth dealers which turned into a more heated debate regarding hispanics. I did not verbalize clearly enough for some and the discussion turned sour at one point. This posting is regarding questions asked at the end of I believe Saturdays opinion in the Daily press regarding what a tragedy it was for a local man to have his life taken suddenly. At the end of the opinion there are some questions posed by the paper, I will answer them IN MY OWN OPINION, and with all due respect to our LEGAL hispanic population.
    1. What could have prompted such a tragedy?
    Answer: Any Craig resident could answer this in one word, Methamphetamine. The problem with this drug is out of control and it was only a matter of time before someone was injured or killed because of it. Now, I do not have proof of why this happened, you can make a guess regarding the persons background and run-ins with the law when it came to this drug. If you recall the Press articles, the Police arrested two ILLEGAL hispanics in connection with this crime. Again, they may not be solely responsible for the problem, but they contribute heavily into it.
    2. Could this have been prevented?
    Answer: No. Drugs will infiltrate any willing society and violence usually follows close behind. Craig seems to have enough people here willing to do meth and/or make it so my answer is no to it being prevented. Once this community bands together and makes these people feel unwelcome, then and only then can this type of situation be prevented. As I have stated before, mess with the wrong people and their product and someone will pay for it, usually with their life.
    3. What can we do to make sure something like this does not happen in the future?
    Answer: I don't think you can prevent this from happening again. Meth is here to stay unless the law enforcement community, DA, Judges enforce the maximum penalties on these people. The community needs to get together and form community watch programs, learn to recognize suspicious activity and take down license numbers. It starts with the users and works its way up the ladder to the dealers and manufacturers. It is up to US as a community to make sure this does not happen again.
    4. Why was a minor in possesion of an illegal firearm?
    Answer: This is like asking "why is a minor in possesion of alcohol/drugs/etc.. If there is a way they will find whatever they want. You can buy guns off the streets for cheaper than a tankful of gasoline anymore. Maybe this gun came from somewhere else. Maybe a legal adult bought it for him. This question is, in my opinion, sensless.
    5. How are young children getting access to firearms?
    Answer: Again, a senseless question when you realize how easy it is to obtain anything you want.
    6. If they(firearms) are so available, how far are we from another tragedy involving youth and violence?
    Answer: Personally, I am suprised that Craig has not had more incidences involving youth and guns. The town supresses our youth to the Nth degree. There are NO outlets for youth to release their agression and tension built up just from being a teenager. The community needs to relax and let the kids have some freedoms, I bet you would see less vandalism, property destruction and loitering going on. If your going to build a teen center, then you MUST provide security for those that use it. The demise of the "coffe shop" type hangout that was downtown is a prime example. Noone patrolled the parking lot and so drug/alcohol activity prevailed and ultimatly closed the business. You have to patrol your property. Kids will do what they want, where they want, when they want unless properly watched and policed. If there is someone to chase them off, they are unlikely to return.
    It just seemed to me that the paper tried to make the town look insensitive to this problem when most of us realize it goes on right under our noses. If it would have been a star athlete with a perfect gpa, then there may of been some outrage. It is kind of like gangsters killing other gangsters, nobody cares when that happens. I care because it did happen, dosen't matter to who, it happened. Two ILLEGAL hispanics are in custody for this crime and I am hearing that there are alot more of them than we know. I am hearing of something called the "mexican mafia" that exists in this town and that these two were a part of it. That is what I want to run out of here, the troublemakers and lifetakers. This was the point I was trying to get across in our Billboards? discussion but failed miserably. Craig does not need problems like this, we are a humble little cow town stuck in the middle of nowhere and did not ask for or invite these type of people or their illegal activity to come here. Hopefully I did not offend anyone and I did not mean to "dig it up again" but wanted to point out that we are not insensitive or blind to the problem, just stunned and confused.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12