Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DADT might keep the gay voters home this year

i've been following the whoopdie do over DADT and i find it amazing that a president who claims to be against it , has issued orders to the justice department to over turn the court ruling putting an end to it ..

I can't in any way shape or form see this playing out well for the democrats ... i mean why not just let it stand , or better yet the president could have issued an excutive order chucking DATA which would have been in effect as long as he was president but after a four year term of gays and strights serveing together i don't think any one would have cared any more ...

The democrats may very well lose their gay base as homesexuals begin to think that their simply a cash cow for the democratic party ... then of course one has to wonder how more gay rights will play in the black community which isn't fond of the issue to begin with .. As the DATA protests get louder and louder , i can see more people becoming disgusted with poltics and staying home on NOV 2..

Re: DADT might keep the gay voters home this year

Quote Originally Posted by marquis
    i've been following the whoopdie do over DADT and i find it amazing that a president who claims to be against it , has issued orders to the justice department to over turn the court ruling putting an end to it ..

I can't in any way shape or form see this playing out well for the democrats ... i mean why not just let it stand , or better yet the president could have issued an excutive order chucking DATA which would have been in effect as long as he was president but after a four year term of gays and strights serveing together i don't think any one would have cared any more ...

The democrats may very well lose their gay base as homesexuals begin to think that their simply a cash cow for the democratic party ... then of course one has to wonder how more gay rights will play in the black community which isn't fond of the issue to begin with .. As the DATA protests get louder and louder , i can see more people becoming disgusted with poltics and staying home on NOV 2..
    I agree with the Prez on this one. Not because I am for or against DADT, I am against any judge Legislating from the bench . Judges are suppose to follow the law when making decisions NOT change our laws.

If we don't stop judges from imposing their views instead of upholding our laws then we will end up with a free for all on all sides of issues.

Judges on the left,right and middle will start makig laws instead of our elected Congressional LAW MAKERS.

Example: If we continue allowing this Roe Verses Wade could be overturned by a judge instead of Congress . Gun Rights could be overturned by a judge instead of Congress etc. It goes both ways and would be the death of Law and Order imo.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson