Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Dallas: Landscaper Lives In Fear of I.C.E.

recently someone who I am familar with had someone close to them lose their job. That person was what they described as the "only legal employee". The job was lost due to an extremely wealthy and angry customer who threatened to take their business elsewhere becasue they were unsatisfied with the way their property looked.

During our discussion of the situation the friend of mine said "he thought about calling Immigration. [The Owner] lives in fear of Immigration Enforcement because none of his employees are legal and he knows it. The likelihood of him calling Immigration is little because even though he was fired he is Hispanic and doesn't want to betray his people.

The scariest part is that now that their only legal employee is gone that means the illegals will be driving the trucks around, and some already are.

For those who don't know most Landscapers/Contractors claim that they can't find workers, however, in cities and states all across the USA there are hardworking people who work these jobs. Companies like the one above pay extremely little for the labor and give no benefits to the workers. They prefer illegals because they are an expendable work force.

Sounds like a call he should make.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Dragons5 since you have the word of a ex

employee you could call ICE.I was told by

ICE if you have reliable info they will

investigate. Sounds like this info is very

reliable.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Back in the day, when Americans could do those jobs. You know before they were run out of business by the cheap labor, the Gardner lived in the same neighborhood as the doctors, lawyers and professionals that he worked for. I know a few that are retired.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Back in the day, when Americans could do those jobs. You know before they were run out of business by the cheap labor, the Gardner lived in the same neighborhood as the doctors, lawyers and professionals that he worked for. I know a few that are retired.

Dixie
    i know some in small towns that do quite well.

as soon as i can coax the company name out I will make the call, trust me on that one.

Dragon,
    share this thread with your friend...

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ht=#468587

or at least this part:

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:43 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

usatime wrote:

Quote:
    If folks could see beyond their backyard to at least their neighborhoods and then whats going on in their town, that would be a great start. Most local media try to hide whats going on until something really bad happens like in Jersey.

You are right on the money my friend, but I'm not sure you realize how on point you were when you wrote it!

Let's hypothesize for a moment...

Let's say you look over into your neighbor's yard and you see a small work crew that appears to be adding a room to the back of his house.

Let's say you also observe all of them are speaking a foreign language except maybe one who appears to be in charge.

Let's say you call him over and ask what he is doing and he tells you he is adding a room to your neighbors house. Next you ask him how much something like that costs and he tells you some ridiculously cheap price. Now maybe you have started to say to yourself, "Hey I think these guys might be illegals!"

Let's say you ask if he would like to maybe build you a garage or something and he says, "Sure, here's my card. Give me a call and I'll give you an estimate". At this point you notice that the guy does it all, electrical, plumbing, framing, concrete, roofing....a genuine Jack-of-All Trades! His card has a phone number on it but little else. Let's say at that point you get a little suspicious so you begin to make some calls. Maybe the guy doesn't have a Contractors license. Maybe the guy doesn't have a privilege license. Maybe the guy doesn't exist down at the ESC or maybe he does but he doesn't show any employees (surely the others building that room next door are family just helping out for the day). Now you are pretty darned sure this guy is an illegal because he is circumventing every single government requirement regulating his alleged trade.

Let's say you call the guy and have him come over and give you that estimate anyway, and you are simply astounded at how cheap his quote is. Let's say you ask him how on earth can you do it so cheap and the guy responds that his "peeps" have told him how to screw the US government and get away with it and he is passing the savings on to you.

At this point what should any good American do? Why start making some phone calls and get this bum off the street of course. Be sure you bust that crook of a neighbor while you're at it, because you can be certain he was told exactly the same thing you were when he asked, "How so cheap?" Employing illegals is breaking the law, right?

Now you may not be your neigbor's best friend after all this, but you have sent a message to the whole neighborhood that someone is watching and cares what happens to the community. Pretty soon another neighbor starts appreciating what he has seen. Next thing you know he has brought down some jerk trying to do something similar. Another small victory but now that guy has admirers who are beginning to recognize that even though they might be disliked by one person who was trying to beat the system at the expense of the whole community, they have done a good thing and start feeling good about it. Pretty soon the whole community starts pitching in and before you know it there isn't any more work for the tax cheats and rip-off contractors because no one is willing to take the chance of hiring them in the first place. No work- no workers!

Sounds easy doesn't it? So what are you waiting for?

I've been reading alot of comments here lately about folks being tired of just writing emails and forum posts. Americans are looking for ways to make a difference, but they aren't really applying themselves to the actual nuts-and-bolts of problem solving. It seems obvious enough that if we wait for things to be done top down we are doomed. Start looking for ways to solve this from the bottom up. Start small in your own community and move outward from there. There are plenty of variations to the hypothetical I suggested, and many times all it takes is one or two creative people to get the ball rolling....We all know what's at stake so what are we waiting for???

I think you'll find that once something positive starts to happen from your efforts there will surely be no shortage of people who come along wanting to share in the glory. When they do, toss them a shovel and say, "Dig in or step aside"! Don't let anyone get away with telling you one person can't make a difference cause it just ain't so!

The likelihood of him calling Immigration is little because even though he was fired he is Hispanic and doesn't want to betray his people
    But, he already has - "his people" are his fellow citizens first, and any other groups second. He needs to make the call ASAP.

he is Hispanic and doesn't want to betray his people

So what's this racist's problem?
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

dragons5- All he has to do is make a phone call. He can also report the employer here:

www.WeHireAliens.com
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I have been very surprised about something which has just started happening over the last two months, but seems to be happening more and more and more.

Proud American landscapers. How can I tell they're proud? They look very intent, super busy and motivated. Welcome back, guys.

BTW, teenagers are cutting the lawns too a LOT more.

This is happening where I live, perhaps because Georgia has become one of the strongest states to enforce immigration laws.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast