Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Day With No Illegals

Hey folks..........We run an inspection station here in NC
    almost 11:00 so far.............Not one here yet
    Does this feel good? You betcha
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

dxd
    I don't want only a day without illegal aliens. I want EVERYDAY without illegal aliens.

DEPORT ILLEGAL ALIENS
    USE THE MILITARY TO SEAL OUR BORDER
    IMPEACH TREASONOUS PRESIDENT BUSH

The big boycott in El Paso, TX

I'm back. Looks like the big protest backfired here in Hell Paso!

At first, I thought the roads were pretty empty compared to normal. But guess what-- the stores were doing fine. I guess the people were already parked in the store lots and doing their shopping before I got out on the road. Not one place on my route appeared to be closed or even without customers!

I went to the car wash--they had enough help. And there were 4 cars in line ahead of me-- which is unusual on a Monday morning.

I went to the grocery store, they had enough help and more than enough customers.

I went to K-Mart and they were doing a brisk business. K-Mart was the only place I heard any Spanish spoken and the two guys appreared to be workers who are probably in the landscaping business. They were in the garden section talking about bags of fertilizer. I'm afraid that fertilizer isn't a common enough subject in my circle of Spanish speaking acquaintences so I have little idea what they were saying about it.

The only kid I saw in the stores that looked like she should have been in school was a little red headed girl about ten years old and the two women she was with didn't strike me as Hispanic.

I don't shop at WalMart but I drove past and their parking lot was a lot fuller than usual for the time of day.

I went to PetsMart to get some bugs for our pet turtles and their parking lot was literally so full I had to park next door!

I made it a point to drive past the high school. It was the end of one lunch shift and the beginning of another. There were very few kids outside but the ones who were didn't look like they were about to dash off anywhere. A few boys whoappeared to be of Hispanic descent crossed the street on the way back from lunch and a couple girls were sitting on the stone wall. Over all, there was a lot less ruckus outside the school than normal for that particular school at that time of day. There was one cop car out front minus the cop but that isn't unusual because the cops are always at our high schools looking for someone. Sometimes there are several!

Our news at noon barely spoke about the big protest at the Chamizal National Memorial on the border so I have a feeling it's a flop, too. The news station at noon is the one that thinks their protests are so admirable and still refers to illegal aliens as undocumented workers! They said "hundreds" showed up ( -- not thousands like they expected when they drummed it up yesterday and the day before -- ) and that they are about to march downtown to tangle up traffic. They said people from Juarez marched half way across the bridge to DEMAND IMMIGRANT RIGHTS but they were herded back to Juarez.

I did see one thing on the news footage--and only a glimpse-- the rattled me. It looked like one of those misguided people either painted or sewed that damn mexican eagle or vulture or whatever it is on their flag onto an American flag. If that is so, I hope someone challenges the jerk carrying it.

I didn't drive all the way down there to the protest site. Given the high percentage of Hispanics on this side of town and no sign of problems, I figure it wasn't worth giving the oil barons an extra few dollars for gas-- it's about a 50 mile round trip for me.

I guess when nobody is paying them, it isn't worth their while to protest.

Bottom line, business on this side of town didn't suffer one bit today. In fact, they probably are delighted with the extra sales.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I've got a phone cam shot of the mass gathering here in Colorado, but I have nowhere to host it at the moment. Let me know if you want to see it, and I'll email it out....
    --Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all.
    -Teddy Roosevelt