Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DC-I want to go so bad!!!!

April, Washington DC.
    My chance to participate in what matters most to me and I can't go! Ugh!
    I can't tell you how much I hate that my family won't be there lending our voice and our support!
    I can't go because of a sick family member that is going to require my attention this summer.
    I know I can do my part by calling and calling and I intend to make myself heard that way.
    I have been seaching and searching for a way that those of us who can't be there physically but want to make our presence known can do so.
    Can we brainstorm a way for the millions of Americans who want to stand up and be counted during these several days when it matters most?
    Any ideas? Something we can send that can be displayed? Maybe it might get some news attention. You know, the way that the Aids activists made a quilt. Each square representing a person who had died from AIDS. Very powerful visual aide.
    Maybe we can do something visual to represent our families too.
    Would this have impact? Think of how many Californians like my family would love to go but can't afford to our can't get away from work etc...
    There has to be a way for us to be there visually also.
    Ideas anyone?

I'm with you PAF. But when I take home 150.00 a week or less, I have no alternative.

This is the John and Ken one, right? Unfortunately, I am in the same boat--can't afford it right now. Anyone know what kind of #s they are expecting?
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

IF you cant attend the rally in DC at the end of APRIL.
    the best thing you can do is pick up the phone and spend time calling your reps and any other idiot there in DC..

866-340-9281

I live just across the river in Fairfax VA and will "make an appearance" at least two days.

It is so important we make a big splash in the pond and not just a ripple. For those who can't make it, you will be with us in spirit and playing havoc with the phone and fax lines and email services.

I am the first to admit that America is becoming a Graying Society and we DO need immigrants, but we can not permit our Congress to implement a bill that endorses selective enforcement.

Many people will try to have us believe if we "Throw them out," we will cripple our economy. Throwing them out will NOT cripple our economy. The numbers game being played however works well to perpetuate this myth. Illegal immigrants represent 2.94% of the workforce.

On the surface the 12 - 20 million sounds most impressive, until you start breaking it down. This is when you learn that only about 6-8 million are actually part of the work force, many in jobs that Americans are not only willing to do, but have been doing for many years until they were displaced.

The remaining are children, whose numbers are growing every day, and the unemployable. The larger segment of the illegal immigrant population, if allowed to continue accessing a wide array of tax funded services and benefits, will most assuredly cripple our economy.

Our current immigration policy does need an overhaul, however, legitimizing millions of people who blatantly ignore our laws is not the best place to start.

Temporary work visas have been and should remain a business and government partnership. If a business can justify the need to increase its workforce, using temporary workers, the government should evaluate that need and increase the number of temporary visas accordingly. The visas however should be for WORKERS, not entire families. As in the past, businesses must incur the expenses for these workers, and guarantee their return when the job is done, passing through those costs at the cash registers, not via local government social services agencies.

If businesses want to sponsor workers for long term positions, that option is already in place, and visas are available for this purpose.

Any Immigration Reform Bill introduced must first serve the best interest of the USA and its citizens as a whole … NOT the best interests of millions of people currently residing in our country illegally, without invitation and valid documentation.

There is no question America is becoming a graying county and we DO need immigrants. Any bill that offers amnesty [or whatever wording is used to achieve this end] is rewarding a small segment of the population for knowingly breaking our laws, while holding the rest of the population to a stricter standard of enforcement.

This type of selective enforcement will do far more than crumble our economy, it will crumble the very foundation on which this country was built.

It may be a very minor thing but how about people across the nation turning on their headlights during the day of the march?

Quote Originally Posted by Cribster
    It may be a very minor thing but how about people across the nation turning on their headlights during the day of the march?
    That's not a bad idea.