PITCHING POLITICS

De Blasio's plan to turn NYC into Third World nation

Exclusive: John Rocker rips mayor for emulating Obama with 'glorified amnesty'

John Rocker
Published: 8 hours ago

Remember the New York City of the classic film “Taxi Driver”? How about the New York that was submerged by the crack epidemic of the 1980s? Ever reminisce about the city that smelled like a sewer and had the murder rate of an African civil war?
Most sane people don’t want the bad old days of New York to return and appreciate what Mayor Giuliani along with several others have done to clean up the city. Unfortunately, the new mayor, Bill de Blasio, aims to bring the rot back to the Big Apple.
His latest plan is to grant municipal IDs to any person, regardless of citizenship status or lack thereof. According to de Blasio, this would give “a fair shot to everyone.”
Define “fair.” Fair is a relative term that, depending on a variety of factors, can have a different interpretation in almost every situation based on a particular individual’s perspectives.
In de Blasio’s own words:
“We want to make sure that no son or daughter of our city goes without the bank accounts, the leases, the library cards that make everyday life possible simply because they lack identification.” On its face this seems like a very noble proclamation of a somewhat “Robin Hoodesque” nature, but as I said, fairness has many angles.
I believe it’s moderately understood by all that for generations America has been the promise-filled destination of immigrants from all corners of the globe. They have come here with hopes and dreams of a better life and a more prosperous existence. They have sailed past the Statue of Liberty decade after decade and fallen in love with their new home. They have desired to immerse themselves into the cultural fabric and one day become a part of the American brotherhood by declaring their citizenship.
Is it “fair” to the many generations of immigrants who have earned their right to live in the greatest country in the world to now have Bill de Blasio, under the guise of righteousness, shove glorified amnesty down the throats of his constituents? Is it “fair” to all those in the City That Never Sleeps who abide by U.S. immigration laws as well as those who enforce them to have one man arbitrarily declare de facto law simply because it is more in line with his liberal ideology?
Read Rocker’s firsthand account of his public battle with the PC thought police: “Scars and Strikes,” at the WND Superstore
This is not about fairness. It’s about advancing a portion of the liberal agenda while establishing precedence for further promotion. As most of us will agree, many laws, regulations, etc. largely function based on interpretation, and once a certain understanding is established the enforcement of that law can significantly change. We’re already seeing this firsthand with the Obama administration’s near refusal to enforce federal immigration policy nationwide, and now it seems we are going to see a direct correlation on the municipal level.
New York has and always will be a trendsetting town the rest of the country often looks to. Not only is Mayor de Blasio seeking to impose his left-wing ideology on our nation’s largest city, but in doing so will be blatantly breaking federal law as he sends the Big Apple into a tail spin toward third-world mediocrity, while inadvertently setting the rest of the country up like a big fat road apple poised to receive the same fate.
In the same fashion as other hard left ideologues (i.e. Barack Obama) de Blasio seems intent on ignoring federal law and going his own maverick way. I cite:
“Federal Immigration and Nationality Act: Section 274 felonies under the federal Immigration and Nationality Act, INA 274A(a)(1)(A): A person (including a group of persons, business, organization, or local government) commits a federal felony when she or he: *assists an alien s/he should reasonably know is illegally in the U.S. or who lacks employment authorization, by transporting, sheltering, or assisting him or her to obtain employment, or *encourages that alien to remain in the U.S. by referring him or her to an employer or by acting as employer or agent for an employer in any way, or knowingly assists illegal aliens due to personal convictions.”
I wonder if Mayor de Blasio has read this statute or even cares for that matter. I would assume that according to him the portion of the law above and the rest of the Act in its entirety are up for interpretation and debate. I would further assume that the esteemed mayor wouldn’t have a hard time finding a friendly judge in his great state to interpret things his way once the challenges from the sane side of the room begin pouring in. And then, according to the conquest-hungry liberal ideologue, all will be “fair” and right with the world – at least in one small corner of our great nation.
I don’t think I’m alone when I say that current U.S immigration policy and its enforcement is grossly lacking. Glorified amnesty to millions of individuals in our nation’s largest city regardless of current status or desired future status is not the short-term answer and will lead to nothing but long-term problems.
This nation has evolved into the greatest country this planet has ever seen on the backs of hardworking immigrants who wanted to be here; they wanted to assimilate and were willing to sacrifice their time, effort and resources to make that happen. Individuals will always care more about something when they have skin in the game.
Bill de Blasio, in an attempt to exercise his left-wing ideology under the umbrella of pity and fairness, will do nothing more than remove the incentive for New York’s immigrants to put skin in that game and join the American brotherhood. Today New York – tomorrow the rest of the country will follow suit into the abyss of third-world mediocrity. You can count on it.

Media wishing to interview John Rocker, please contact media@wnd.com.

http://www.wnd.com/2014/02/de-blasio...-world-nation/