Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Deadly Force & A Texas Lawmaker!

Texas State Lawmaker Opposing Deadly Force Bill Shoots Would-Be Thief
    Monday, July 09, 2007

HOUSTON — A state lawmaker who opposed a bill giving Texans stronger right to defend themselves with deadly force pulled a gun and shot a man he says was trying to steal copper wiring from a construction site, police said Monday.

Rep. Borris Miles told police he was fixing a leak on the second floor of the Houston house he's building Sunday night when he heard a noise downstairs and saw two men trying to steal the copper. After Miles confronted the pair, one of the men threw a pocketknife at him, Houston Police spokesman Victor Senties.

Miles, a former law enforcement officer, shot the man in the left leg, police said. The wounded suspect was being treated at a Houston hospital. Police were trying to identify the other suspect.

Charges of aggravated robbery are pending against the wounded suspect, Senties said.

Police said Miles, who is in his freshman term, is licensed to carry a concealed weapon. No charges have been filed against Miles, Senties said.

Miles, a Democrat, voted against a bill that gives Texans stronger legal right to defend themselves with deadly force in their homes, vehicles, and workplaces.

The so-called "castle doctrine," passed by the Legislature this year, states that a person has no duty to retreat from an intruder before using deadly force. The law goes into effect Sept. 1.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,288737,00.html

DON'T MESS WITH THOSE TEXAS BOYS.....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

and that's why i moved here... getting my grandpapy's pistol soon.

Some Texans are still tough -
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    We should have that in the entire U.S.
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

I think the story is about the hypocrisy of this darn state lawmaker.

Dam elites. "You stupid little people are not trustworthy/smart enough to be able to protect yourselves in that way". They love to spout such crap, as long as they do not have to play by those rules. How many of the elite "anti-gunners" out there, have their own little hired mercenary squad that follow them around? But us "poor little stupid people" should not be allowed to own guns, or to protect ourselves.

How do these people GET INTO OFFICE in the first place??? Damn hand out society, breeding loads of useful idiots.

H.

That's what makes it so interesting here in Texas. The criminals know that it IS legal to carry conceled handgun (by permission, of course). These idiots are still suprised when a home or car owner pulls a gun on them to protect themselves, family or property. I've spoken a schools and sometimes tell them try stealing from me, and I'm dropping you where you stand! We work to damn hard to get what we have to have some punk try and steal it because they're lazy, un-educated morons!!