Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dear Mr. Trump, My Father is One of the People Mexico 'Sent'

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Dear Mr. Trump, My Father is One of the People Mexico 'Sent'

Laura Arroyo
    Public relations professional and former broadcast journalist
    Posted: 06/18/2015 5:04 pm EDT Updated: 06/18/2015 5:59 pm EDT

Dear Mr. Trump:

Your daughter was absolutely right. You have achieved success at the highest level, and I applaud you for that. Now, you are on to a whole new level -- running for President of the United States of America. In a nation with so many voices, I very much respect anyone who steps up to be a leader of all those in America. But, leading with scare tactics and condescension is not leading at all.

In your speech, you called America "a dumping ground for everybody else's problems." You state, "When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best." In your words, people from Mexico are "bringing drugs," "crime," and are "rapists."

Honestly, when I heard those words, I wanted to launch a tirade, cutting you down until I felt better. However, my parents taught me to be more respectful than that. Instead, here's a little advice: First of all, if you are hoping to win votes, I doubt alienating a good portion of the country is a good idea. Secondly, I doubt you even know any people that Mexico "sent." So, let me introduce you.

I am the daughter of one of the people that Mexico "sent." My father immigrated to this country with his parents in the 1960s. He came to this country not knowing the area, the language or the school system. His father left their home to secure the proper documents and work to earn the money to bring them here and set up a house. When he arrived with other members of my family, he had never seen the place he would eventually call home. My family's desire for a better life pushed them to learn the language, create a new home and go to school. I am proud to say my father is smart. He is kind. He is a legal citizen of the United States. He served in this country's army during the Vietnam War. And he provided a fantastic home and life for his children in Chicago. In short, he is the best.

On top of the pride I have for the life my family has in the U.S., I also still have a direct connection to our roots. I have been to Mexico to see the home where my father was born. I have walked the roads where my grandparents and great-grandparents have walked. There are thousands of people who use websites, like ancestory.com, to find information about where they came from. I consider it a privilege to know and have tangible items from my ancestry.

You may not understand it, but it's about bravery. It's about hard work. It's about loving your family so much that you are willing to die to give them the best chance at life. Are you? And if you moved to another country and had to start your life over completely, would you have success? Are you brave enough to do it, without knowing if you would succeed?

My mother often says that before you judge people, you should walk a mile in their shoes. Well, I'm amending that a little for you. Before you, Mr. Trump, judge people and make blanket statements about them, learn who and what you are talking about. It's actually not that hard. I invite you to talk to my family.

I'll leave you with one final note. A quick Google search indicates that you are of German and Scottish descent. Which, of course, means your ancestors are immigrants. If there had been a leader like you trying to stop people from coming to this continent in the time of your ancestors, between you and I, which one of us do you think would be living in this country?

Sincerely,

Laura Arroyo

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/laura-...ushpmg00000063

Well, gee, Laura Arroyo, your father came here in the 1960's. That's as much as more than 53 years ago. He came here as a legal immigrant with papers. Mexico didn't "send" him, he came here on his own. Do you think that's what Trump was talking about? Legal immigrants who came here legally over 50 years ago? Wow. I don't know what schools you went to here in the US but somewhere along the line you missed one of our language details, called context, a very important if not crucial aspect of the American Language.

Donald Trump is talking about illegal aliens from Mexico, who are paid, encouraged, guided and instructed on how to enter the US by both foreign drug cartels who benefit from illegal immigration into the US and the Mexican government which benefits from illegal immigration into the US from their remittances. This is the context of Trump's statement "Mexico sends". The Mexican government also lobbies, meddles, interferes and even threatens the US over the benefits they derive from its role in aiding and abetting illegal immigration into the United States. Mexico is also the largest single source of illegal immigration into the United States which is why Mexicans are a focal point of discussion and criticism when the issue of illegal immigration is on the table as it surely is in the 2016 Presidential Elections.

So, what you have shown is the inability to understand political conversation and made a statement that didn't even apply to you or your family, about you and your family instead of about our nation and all our citizens, which is what Donald Trump was talking about and what and who he is defending which includes you and your family. As citizens of this country, you are no longer Mexican, you're American, and Americans are being eaten alive by the ravages of illegal immigration, by far and away the largest source of which is from Mexico.

If you are really an American, then you would have known that and not written your inappropriate self-centered letter trying to criticize a political candidate who is standing up for the rights and lives of Americans which are being ripped apart by illegal aliens from Mexico.
    Last edited by Judy; 06-22-2015 at 09:07 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What a nice little guilt trip letter. Shame,shame on Donald Trump he is SO insensitive to Mexicans that think that because it is easy to cross the border they are entitled to come here because Mexico is so lacking in opportunity.
    There is an entitlement factor to this letter that speaks to the general mentality of the illegals from Mexico that are coming here. They have no respect for this country if they don't honor the law of the land and they burden the legal citizens with their financial and social drain. The numbers have reached past critical mass for the citizenry to accept.