Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Debate on C-Span weekend

Is anyone watching C-Span Weekend

Cardinal Mahony, Mel Martinez, and Janet Nepolitano, against Mayor Barletta in a debate on illegal immigration. The moderator Ray Suarez. What a stacked panel.
    This is from Monday
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!

Martinez just spoke with approval about the billions of dollars the illegal immigrants are sending back to their home countries. It would be my guess that many of them are being paid under the table and are receiving assistance from social services while sending their money home.

Dragonfire is right about the composition of the panel. Martinez and Mahony are are avid supporters of the illegals. Napolitano tries to stay in the middle of the road. Barletta is anti-illegal immigrant and is out-gunned. Mahony is a disgrace.

Napolitano supports path to citizenship.

Now Mahony is using the forum as a bully pupit and urging all the students in the audience to contact their senators in support of the DREAM act. The moderator is remiss in not calling him out on it. Napolitano says she would vote for the DREAM act.

Based on what I've read in the news over the past few years, Mahony has been disgraced. He shouldn't be engaged in politics like this and has enough problems that he should be dealing with. And this does sound like a typically stacked panel against those who are for the rule of law and the protection of middle class citizens.

Call the Senate: NO AgJOBS or Dream Act Amnesties !
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mahony just appears to be out of touch. He kept saying the illegals are all good hardworking people who only came here in search of work and a way to provide for their families. Barletta mounted a credible challenge to that notion. He cited incidences of violence in his community where the citizens had become victims of illegal immigrants. He told how illegals are trying to recruit young Hispanics to be gang members. It just went over Mahony's head. He is clearly myopic and is not a good representative of that part of the issue.

Without intending to write in a personal manner I think it is not inappropriate to say for the record that I am a born and practicing Catholic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nouveauxpoor
    Without intending to write in a personal manner I think it is not inappropriate to say for the record that I am a born and practicing Catholic.
    Is it possible for you to keep tabs on Roman Catholic groups that start serving a political agenda--rather than sticking to strictly spiritual issues? IMO, we don't need any religious groups who cross the line into becoming front groups for any political party--domestic or foreign. This has happened in congregations across the entire spectrum of belief, from conservative to liberal. We certainly don't need foreign political movements gaining a toehold here via religious congregations.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't see (although I haven't done any research on it) any hidden agenda in the actions of the Catholic Church. I also don't think the pandering is the official position of the church; but an individual thing among certain parish priests. It is risky because it does not have the support of long-time parishoners. In the end those churches might be just trading traditional parishoners for illegal immigrants.

I do condemn Mahony for his pandering and for designating himself as a pseudo spokesman for the entire church. As with the unions, the legal members should be speaking (shouting) out that it must stop. Other priests should step forward as well and offer up another position.

The best way for Catholics to express their disappointment is to withhold contributions until it stops. Send your envelope in each month with a note that your disagree with supporting illegal immigrants.