Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Decrease the Number of Mexican Consulates in the US

I've been thinking about this and wanted to put it out there for the rest of you.

I think we should decrease the number of Mexican Consulates in the US.

There are two problems with having Mexican Consulates in the US. First and foremost, they are facilitating illegal aliens. Secondly, the sheer number of Mexican Consulates in the US. I was able to find about 44 and that number does not include satellite branches. In contrast, the US has only 9 embassies in Mexico? Realize how out of balance Mexico is with the rest of the world. Examples:
    Germany has 8 here, we have 6 there.
    France has 10 we have 8 there.
    China has 6 and we have 5 there.
    44 is an over whelming number of Mexican Consulates, within the US.
    http://www.mexonline.com/consulate.htm

Immigration reform should include plans to remove some of the Mexican Consulates from the US. Not only do we need to remove the people but we also need to remove the government. Considering the above numbers, Mexico should only have about 11 Consulates in the US.

I want you to read the following and consider what it looks like outside of a US Embassy in Mexico and consider how many Americans actually use the embassy on a daily basis.

Also, the following article hints at relocating to a larger building. There was a for lease sign in front of the building today.

This story is a year old but it shows how big the problem is.

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/4201307/detail.html
    Growing Pains Hamper Mexican Consulate

POSTED: 3:45 pm CST February 15, 2005
    UPDATED: 4:11 pm CST February 15, 2005

Email This Story | Print This Story

DALLAS -- The Mexican Consulate in Dallas serves more than 1 million per year. Mexican immigrants come from across Texas, Arkansas and Oklahoma, but often they find themselves waiting outside regardless of weather conditions before they can see a representative.

The lobby inside the building, located at Interstate 35E and Regal Row, is too small to accommodate the 500 Mexican citizens who seek the consulate's service every day. The line of people typically wraps around the building.

"It's too small for all these people who come here," Orlando Carreto, in line waiting to renew his passport, said. "They got a lot of papers to fix."

Limited rest room facilities also contribute to frustrations that grow among people waiting in line. The building contains one men's room and one women's room, each with two stalls.

"Since there are so many people, they want to come in where it's warm, but they lock the doors and you have to be out there knocking until someone let's you into the rest room," Alondra Sanchez, also waiting in line, said.

According to an NBC 5 report, the men's room is missing a stall door and mold is growing on the walls.

Silvia Sanchez-Lira, a representative of the Mexican Consulate, said the Mexican government is aware of the situation and plans to make improvements.

"Right now, it's not enough for all the needs, so that's the answer to the problem with the bathrooms," she said. "Before, there was not 500 people in this building. That is why Mexico is taking this very seriously."

Sanchez-Lira said the building could accommodate the number of people who daily sought the Mexican government's help. The Mexican population in the Metroplex has grown significantly during the last decade, and demand has outgrown the consulate building.

The Mexican government, Sanchez-Lira said, plans to move the consulate to a larger building within the year, although no location was specified.

"The only thing I can tell you (is) the counsel general, Carlos Alba, is trying to move from this building (to) a bigger facility, a bigger lobby," Sanchez-Lira said.

Copyright 2005 by nbc5i.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed
    ~~~~~~~~~~~

Today at the Protest in front of the Mexican Consulate in Dallas, TX, I looked around and saw piles of trash, where people congregated across the street from the consulate. I saw how unclean the place was and the grime on the benches and walls. The sidewalk attracted insects because of all the spilt food and drinks. It was black in areas that could not be washed by rainfall. The worst part, it smelt like urine. Absolutely, one of the dirtiest places I've ever been.

Dixie

Just another interesting link
    http://usembassy.state.gov/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Dixie,,

First of all, thank you for going to the protest.

I agree with you, yes, the number of consulates should be diminished. If we secure our borders and follow the current laws, make the employers follow the law, etc., the NEED for them would go down. They are movin' in, big time.

'Course, their President, V. Fox, feels free to just waltz up here on a 'State Visit' without being appropriately accompanied.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

curiouspat, Thanks for the kudos!!!!!

'Course, their President, V. Fox, feels free to just waltz up here on a 'State Visit' without being appropriately accompanied.
    I think he was campaigning. Mexico's presidential election is coming up soon. I'm sure the Mexican's living here demanding rights from us can still vote in Mexico's elections by absentee ballots. I don't know too much about Mexico's elections other than they have a history of being corrupt and I know they have political parties. I don't think Fox is able to be re-elected but he can promote his party.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think we should decrease the number of Mexican Consulates in the US.
    Fox is spending way too much time in our country. I keep hoping for the day Bush shows Fox the front door. But we all know that will never happen when Bush has a noodle for a spine.
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

bearpaw
    Bush has a noodle for a spine.,
    I don't think he has a noodle spine...I think they are in cahoots. (Did I spell that right, Texans?). Actually, I think one must have a lot of courage, (I didn't say smarts, now) to sell out your own country.

Or have so much arrogance that you think that only what you want, matters.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

curiouspat,

I think they are in cahoots
    I couldn't agree with you more.
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

I have thought that since he was elected.

He broke a long standing tradition of the Canadian PM being the first foreign guest to be invited to the WH - when he invited Fox.

He allowed Fox to speak to the Congress. Fox, a foriegn head of state, stood in front of our lawmakers and made demands for his illegals - drivers licenses, etc.

I was so ashamed - not a one of those lawmakers walked out. To me, it was their duty to get up and leave. How dare a foreign head be allowed to stand in our lawmaking body and demand they pass laws to give rights to the people of his country who have entered illegally.

I was ashamed - and I haven't changed my mind one bit from the PResident on down.

Who is in control?

The defacto Mexican government in Washington DC takes it's orders from the Mexican Government in Mexico City as Vincente Bush is following the orders of his brother Vincente Fox. The Taco Line has replaced the hotline. Just amazing that idiot in the Oval Office is integrating a 21st century technology, economic and military superpower with a 19th century third world toilet where the majority of the population isn't high school graduates and has a collective IQ no higher than the fruits and vegetables they pick. Their main industries are agriculture, procreation, crime and acting uncivilized in a supposedly civilized world.

1. Iraq mess
    2. Immigration mess
    3. New Orleans still unprepared for 2006 hurricane season
    4. "Loss" of my, other veterans and active duty persoanl data to drug cartels and illegal aliens
    5. Just being jackasses and wastes of taxpayer dollars

IMPEACH BUSH NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

THE SENATE: The most corrupt institution money can buy!!!!!!!

Who is in control?

If this traitorous, treasonous and spineless Benedict Arnold in the Oval Office really cared about the fate of this country he would immediately close all consulates. He would then seal the border with fully armed national guard troops, call his brother Vincente Fox and tell him to stay the hell out of our affairs and warn him the next time his mickey mouse military encroaches on sovereign U.S. territory and fires on border patrol agents and other law enforcement personnel, that will be considered an act of war and we will respond by sending an infantry division to Mexico City. They will remain there until a stable and honest government is installed. But, unfortunately, that is living in a real world; not the fantasy world in which our defacto Mexican government resides.

I think we need to start working on getting all aspects of Mexico out of our country. Starting with 10% of it's citizens and it's governemt agencies. It's starting to look worse than an invasion, it' starting to look like a take over.

Dixie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast