Thread: Dedication

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Dedication

Some of you may have noticed my new avatar, this is not the "real" Mountain dog.
    Caileag was a search and rescue/recovery dog I had when I lived in the Rocky mountains. I got into search and rescue training after 9/11.
    Caileag was a excellent search dog and loved her job.
    She died at the age of five due to some drugies putting out poison to kill the cats in the neigbourhood.
    Caileag served her country with pride! Her work vest had a American flag on it, she has worked in deep snow and has been flown in airplanes to do her job, mountain dog now wears her vest to carry on the tradition.
    My avatar is dedicated to all the working dogs and all the hard work they do.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mountaindog, I had wondered!

Those trained dogs and I'm sure your's was special, do awesome work! So do the trainers and those who work with them.

Thanks to all!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Mountaindog, I have read the rescue dogs actually morn the people they find that have passed on,that it is very hard for the dogs. Is this true? So sorry you lost this wonderful dog in that way, how did you contain your anger over that?
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty
    Mountaindog, I have read the rescue dogs actually morn the people they find that have passed on,that it is very hard for the dogs. Is this true? So sorry you lost this wonderful dog in that way, how did you contain your anger over that?
    Some dogs do have a problem with dead bodies the first time mountain dog was around one he didn't know what to do. Some dogs have a problem but nobody really knows why, I'am not sure if they really morn for them but some do take it as a traumactic event and will be upset over it. Others enjoy the search and they really do help in finding lost bodies.
    As to how I contained my anger, I really don't know I wanted to kill this guy!
    What really helped me was some friends of mine came over one evening holding a little border collie pup and asked me if I wanted him, I took that dog in a heart beat!
    His nick name is now Mountain Dog.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)